Chapter 88: So Much For Not Fighting

"Y/n!!!" Todoroki sends a blast of ice at the villain, and he shifts his focus to him. He punches through the ice with ease, and closes in on Todoroki and Kirishima.

Bakugou jumps forward, launching a powerful explosion on his back. A large cloud of smoke envelopes the area, and Bakugou doesn't see the villain jump at him.

"Bakugou!!" Kirishima shoves Bakugou out of the way, and activates his quirk just in time to take the hit. You race to where Bakugou is standing.

"Kirishima!!" You and Bakugou both yell as the redhead is thrown far across the ground, smashing into the distant wall.

"Dodge!!"

Bakugou looks past you at the other villain as Todoroki yells. He swiftly grabs you by your waist and throws you both into the air with an explosion. The attack barely misses, and eradicates a tree in its path.

While the two of you are still airborne, Todoroki blasts ice at the villain. Bakugou lands right behind Todoroki, and the three of you are back to back, stuck between the two villains.

"Kirishima... We need to check if he's okay!" You say.

"I don't think they'll let us." Todoroki says. "We need to be careful, Y/n. More than last time."

"The hell do you mean last time? And why are you two so matchy?! It's making me want to puke!"

"You four aren't normal kids, are you?" The taller villain says.

"What the hell are you?" The beast one asks.

"Like we'd tell you, damn villains!"

"You're not even worth saying my name to."

"Guys... Get ready..." You warn. You raise your hands in front of you and reach for the water pouring down from above. "I'm going to make some space for us, and try to get to Kirishima."

They both nod, and position themselves so you're between them. The two villains launch their attacks, and you yell for the boys to watch out.

Yanking the water over to you, you crash a giant wave into the villains. Forming it into a giant whirlpool, with the three of you at its center, you pull the current as fast as possible. The villains slam back farther away due to the power of it.

"I can't hold this much water for very long! Are you two ready?!"

"Hell yeah!"

You stop focusing on spinning the water and blast it out in all directions. The villains get pushed back further, and as soon as the water clears, the boys each race at one of them.

Bakugou leaps at the beastly villain, launching explosion after explosion on him, while Todoroki goes after the tall one with large hands. While they fight, you try to run towards where Kirishima had been thrown.

"Not gonna happen, little girl!!" The beast villain booms.

You whip around just in time to blast a wall of ice between you and him, and Bakugou quickly lands an explosion on his side.

"Stay the hell away from her!!" He blasts him again and drops to a crouch on the ground. He wipes the back of his hand across his mouth. "Don't underestimate her. She's no little girl."

Although Bakugou is doing his best, he can't keep the villain in one place long enough for you to get past him. Using the water on the ground as well as your own, you provide support for the blond. He's moving so fast it's hard to keep up with him.

With an especially well timed explosion and blast of hot water, the two of you send him flying backwards into Todoroki's ice. The other villain throws an attack your way, and Todoroki yanks you away. Holding you against him, Todoroki slams a wall of ice into the villain.

"Are you alright?" His voice is full of concern.

"I'm fine!" You gasp as large balls of ice slam to the ground.

"That guy's not opening a hole in space...!" Todoroki says.

"He's hollowing it out!" You finish.

"Is that how it is..." Bakugou glares as the beastly villain stands up. "Damn it, they just won't stop. I can't keep playing with you forever!!"

Using incredible skill and power, Bakugou launches himself forward in a vortex of explosions. He successfully lands his Howitzer Impact, and the villain returns to his normal human form as he falls to the ground unconcious.

"I can't believe this!" The remaining villain shouts.

"Bakugou!!!" You and Todoroki both yell as a blast is sent in his direction.

He barely manages to move in time, and the sleeve of his shirt is torn away. The villain stares down into his hand in confusion.

"Damn it...! What the hell is this?"

"It's the sweat from my palms, bastard. It's nitroglycerin." Bakugou looks at Todoroki as the villain looks up.

Without hesitation, Todoroki sends a wave of flames at the villain and ignites Bakugou's sweat. Through the large explosion, you see the villain fall to the ground, and run forward to freeze him where he lands.

"Kirishima!!" As soon as you freeze the villain, you whip around and race in Kirishima's direction. The two boys chase after you, also calling his name.

Tripping over the cracks in the ground, you make your way to him. Your heel catches in a crack, and you fall into the rubble surrounding him.

"Kirishima, are you okay?!" You ask, ignoring the pain in your knees.

"I'm fine! I can't move; I'm stuck! Are you okay?"

You nod. "I'm fine, I just wish I wore flats...!"

"Are you stupid or something? All you have to do is deactivate your quirk." Bakugou says.

Kirishima gives Bakugou a blank look as he realizes it really is that simple. He deactivates his quirk and helps you stand up.

"Man, that sure surprised me!" Kirishima sighs.

"I'm just glad you're not seriously injured." Todoroki tells him, and you nod.

"Jeez, I was so worried about you! Thank god for your quirk!" You say.

"I'm glad you're all okay, too."

Bakugou sighs and turns around. He shoves his hands into his pants pockets and mutters a quiet thank you to his best friend.

"What the hell? That's not like you. Don't worry about it!" Kirishima laughs and slaps Bakugou's shoulder.

"I'm not worrying!"

"Alright, let's go after Midoriya and the others." Todoroki says.

"Don't tell me what to do!"

"Oh come on, Bakugou! We just had some great teamwork there, do you have to be so ready to fight?" You chuckle.

"I don't wanna hear it!"

"Can you two fill Bakugou and I in now? What's the plan?"

Before you can say anything, waist sized security robots begin dropping into the room by the dozen.

"Looks like they've gotten serious." Todoroki says.

"That just means we should, too!"