Chapter 107: Muscular

"I'm the shield you have to break through!!!" You shout as you blast the villain with a wall of ice. "Kota!! Stay behind me!"

"But-"

"We're both getting out of this alive!! Neither one of us is going to die tonight!!"

On the other side of your ice, Muscular cackles. "You think this pathetic wall is enough to stop me? This is nothing!!" Shards of ice fly in all directions as he easily smashes through your wall, and you struggle to reinforce it in time before he reaches you.

"Damn it!!" You blast ice behind your back to protect Kota. "Don't put that shield down!"

"Pathetic...!" The villain's face appears right in front of yours in a flash and blast of ice shards. "I'm gonna torment you real bad! Now, show me some blood!!"

His fist connects with your left side, and launches you into the rocky wall. His punch is so fast, you only feel the pain after the wall has crumbled against the force of your body hitting it.

Gasping for air, you clutch your ribs. Each breath feels like you're getting stabbed, not to mention the agony you're in as you cough.

"Y/n!!!" Kota trembles and steps towards you as he holds the shield.

"Stay back, Kota!!" You yell as the searing pain tears through your chest.

"That's the best you can do? You really are so similar to your parents. Let me guess? Your ribs are hurting a lot, aren't they? Is it hard to breathe?"

"Shut up...!"

As the villain steps towards you, you force yourself on to your feet. Fuck...! My ribs are definitely broken...! Gotta ignore it...!

"I felt at least two ribs snap there. Maybe three?"

Holding on to the rocky wall, you raise your right arm and blast ice at him again. He simply punches in front of him, and the ice is thrown right back at you. You barely manage to change it to water in time, and it splashes against you.

"Too bad your parents didn't have that neat trick. If they could use ice, it may have let them last long enough to see their daughter watching them die. Oh well, I'll make sure your brother gets a good view, just like you did!!"

He lunges forward again, and you slam a wall of ice in front of you. It shatters under his touch, but you reinforce it just in time. It isn't enough to stop him though, and he swings with his other fist.

It connects and crashes straight through the ice, directly into your non-dominant arm. You cry out in pain, and roll across the ground, landing at your brother's feet.

"Y/n...!" Kota bends down and shakes you with his free hand. "Come on, we gotta run! He's too strong!"

You cough and force yourself up on to your dominant arm and knees. Your other arm lays uselessly limp at your side, and you recognize the pain from when Iida broke your arm during the Sports Festival.

Blood splatters out of your mouth as you cough, and intense pain courses through your body. I can't die...! Not here, not like this! I won't let him hurt Kota!

"Sorry, pipsqueak. I don't think she can run." Muscular laughs. "Not that I'd let her!!!!" He bellows, and his arm enlarges drastically once more. As his fist swings towards you, you shove Kota to the ground on his back and encase the two of you in a spikey shell of ice.

His punch hits, and it takes all of your focus and energy to keep the ice from breaking apart. With Kota on his back on the ground, you ensure the shield is between the two of you.

"I'm sorry, Kota, I'm so sorry...! I won't let him touch you. I'm going to save you, and we'll see Auntie and the rest in no time! Everything is going to be okay!" You say to your brother.

"But you're all beat up! He's too strong!"

Muscular continues slamming his fists into your icy shell, and you feel your water reserve depleting to nearly empty as you add more and more ice to it.

"It doesn't matter. I can't let anything happen to you! I can't lose you, too! What kind of big sister would I be...?" Tears well up in your eyes as you pull your little brother into a tight hug. "I love you, Kota, and I'm so sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry I wasn't the big sister you needed! From here on out, I promise you I'll do everything it takes to put a smile on your face!! No matter what it takes!!!"

"Y/n... I'm s–"

You gasp as the ice behind you cracks. As if in slow motion, you turn your head to see Muscular's fist break through. It nears your face, and all you can do is make sure your body will shield Kota.

But his fist doesn't hit you. A flash of bright light causes you to squint, and a thundering boom shakes you. As the ice splits and falls on either side of you, the dust clears, and you see a figure standing between you and the villain.

"Midoriya!!!" You cry.

"Y/n, Kota! I'm sorry I took so long!"

Looking up at Midoriya, your tears threaten to spill, and you smile. "Thank you...!"

"Protect Kota. I'll deal with the villain."

"Be careful, Midoriya! His quirk is like yours!"

"Ha! You caught me off guard there, kid. This is great! Two high up on the kill list and an extra pipsqueak!!"

Muscular launches forward at Midoriya and easily slams him into the wall, just as he had done with you. "Midoriya!!" You pull Kota up off the ground by his hand and watch as the villain stomps towards Midoriya.

Not wanting to watch him get hurt the same way you did, you let go of Kota and run forward to blast Muscular with burning hot steam, causing him to flinch and turn towards you.

"Didn't you hear your little boyfriend here? He wants to have a go at me. I'll have to teach you a lesson in waiting your turn...!" Muscular raises his fist at you once more.

Midoriya doesn't let him hit you again, and tackles you out of the way. The two of you roll a few feet, with you coming to a halt underneath the green haired boy. "Are you okay, Y/n?"

You look up at him, and for a moment, you find yourself thinking about how cool Midoriya can be when he's too distracted to be anxious. "Thanks to you." You smile up at him. He returns your smile. While Midoriya is looking down at you, Muscular takes it as an opportunity to try to attack again, and you barely flip Midoriya on to his back in time to dodge it, reversing your positions.

"You two are going to make me barf." Muscular sneers, his face peering down to look at yours as he readies a second attack. "Ah, before I forget... Might as well tell me if you know. Where's the kid named Bakugou? We've got a job to do here."

Bakugou...?! What do they want with him?!

Both you and Midoriya look at him in shock, and Muscular slams his fist down. Midoriya manages to pull the two of you away using his quirk, and dust fills the air once more.

Muscular emerges from it, a wide grin on his face. "You don't know, huh? Is that your final answer?"

You give Midoriya a look, and you can tell he's even more worried about Bakugou than you are.

"Fine, in that case... Let's play!!"