Chapter 82: Welcome to the House of Serious Daddy Issues

* IMPORTANT NOTE AT END *

"We're here." 

You nervously twist your hair around your finger as Todoroki walks up to his front door.

"Don't worry, we're just dropping by."

"This is a bit nerve wracking..."

"I won't let him say anything rude to you."

"Thank you..."

"Are you alright? We can forget about it."

You let out a shaky breath and shake your head. "I'm okay... Besides, you already told your family I'd be stopping by, right?"

He says yes but shrugs. "They'd survive."

"It's okay, really. I should say thank you..."

Todoroki opens the door, and you follow him inside.

"Shoto!!!!" A booming voice fills your ears, and you nearly jump out of your skin. A cold puff of air flows off of you as you instinctively create ice on your skin out of fear. Not far from the door is Endeavor sitting in civilian clothes.

"What, were you just waiting there the entire time?" Todoroki says coldly. "You scared her."

"It's my house, I can sit wherever I want to." Endeavor turns his head towards you. "I see your quirk will activate on its own..."

"I'm sorry about that sir... Sometimes when I get startled or scared I freeze up..."

"Hm... Well, you'll have to work on your nerves if you want to be a hero. Did Shoto treat you well?"

"Y-yes sir...! He's always very kind to me. And thank you to you as well! You didn't have to do all of this for me...!" You stammer.

"It's nothing. Shoto is representing me, and I can't have him going by himself. People will talk."

"R-right..."

Todoroki looks incredibly irritated and remains slightly between you and his father, as if to shield you from him.

"Shoto, quit acting like that. Get her water, it's warm outside. She must be thirsty."

Todoroki glares at him, but relaxes a smidgen when you give him a small smile. He sighs and trudges off to the kitchen, seemingly deciding that he was willing to do it, only because it's for you.

Endeavor beakons you to sit on the couch opposite of him. Feeling as though you have cement in your feet, you slowly walk over and sit.

"So, your quirk... How does it work exactly?" Endeavor asks you. I should have gone home! He's going to arrange-marriage me!

"W-well I can generate water and change the temperature of it, so I can also create anything from ice to steam..." He nods for you to continue speaking. "I can sense water to a degree, but I'm not very good at it yet."

"Interesting... So you don't just rely on water in the air, but can actually create it."

"Yes sir..."

Todoroki comes back into the room and frowns when he sees his father interviewing you.

"What are you asking her?"

"We're just discussing her quirk. Now, sit down."

"Why are you asking about that?"

"I'm the number two hero. Can't I look for potential interns?"

"We already did our internships."

"You'll do more later on."

Todoroki grumbles at his father, and sits down next to you after handing you a large glass of water. Grateful for the opportunity to distract yourself from the thoughts of marriage swirling around your head, you take a sip. Todoroki crosses his arms over his chest, and glares daggers at his father.