Chapter 46: Vroom Vroom We're in his Dad's Car

before we begin there's an important note at the end of the chapter so please make sure to read it!

-

"Who's this?"

"A friend. We're giving him a ride, too."

"I didn't agree to that."

"Well then we're walking Y/n home."

"Shoto! Get in here!"

"Only if..." Todoroki pauses for a moment and turns towards Shinsou. "What's your name?"

"Shinsou..."

"Only if Shinsou can come, too."

"You didn't even know his name!"

"His name is Shinsou."

"Why, you- Fine! He can come! Just hurry up!"

Shinsou awkwardly follows Todoroki to the back seat and helps him get you into the car. Shinsou sits beside you, while Todoroki takes the front.

The car ride to your apartment was an awkward one. The tension between Todoroki and his father was so thick, you could cut it with a knife.

Of course, you were blissfully unaware as you slept. Shinsou, however, almost wished he hadn't tagged along.

To make matters worse, a few minutes into the ride Todoroki told his father to stop.

"I promised Y/n I'd get her a chocolate bar."

"Huh?! I'm not stopping!"

"I told her I'd get her one."

Endeavor seethes, but pulls into the parking lot of a convenience store.

"Shinsou, what's her favourite kind?" Todoroki asks.

"U-uh, it's [favourite chocolate bar]..."

"[Favourite chocolate bar] it is then."

Endeavor huffs and slams the car door shut after him. After a few seconds of silence, Shinsou speaks up.

"You don't get along very well with your dad, huh?"

"No. He may be the number two hero, but that doesn't make him a good person."

"Ah..."

The two boys were silent for a minute.

"So... How long have you known, Y/n?"

"Since she moved here last year... She helped me get my cat out of a tree."

"That seems like something she would do..."

An awkward silence began once more, but it was interrupted quickly. Endeavor opened the car door, and dropped a box on to Todoroki's lap.

'He bought the whole box of them...?!' Shinsou looks at them in surprise.

Endeavor starts the car, and continues driving. In a few minutes, he pulls on to your street.

"It's that building there..." Shinsou points.

Endeavor pulls into the parking lot and parks the car.

"Y/n," Shinsou shakes your shoulder. "It's time to wake up."

You blink your eyes open slowly. When you see Shinsou smiling at you, you smile back. You look around after, and get confused when you see a seatbelt across you.

"Where are we?"

"Endeavor was nice enough to give us a ride. We're at your apartment."

"Oh... Oh! Thank you, Endeavor, sir!" You panic and sit up straight.