Chapter 119: The Basement - Night One

After several unsuccessful attempts to get you to talk, Dabi starts to give up for the night.

"You're tougher than you look, that's for sure, Princess." He crosses his arms over his chest and stares down at you. "Doesn't matter. You're not going anywhere. I'll keep you here as long as it takes. You'll give up eventually."

"You... You never said who that is... At the hospital." You pant. "Just... Who is that...?" Each word requires all of your energy to force out.

"For someone who was acting so smart, you're not very bright. She's a clone."

"Huh...? Of me...?"

"No, a clone of me." Dabi scoffs. "Of fucking course it's a clone of you. We left her behind for the others to find. I'm surprised they figured it out so quickly. I hoped she'd buy you and I at least a day."

"Wouldn't she know... That she's a clone?" You ask.

"Nah, Twice copied you when you were unconscious. As far as she knows, she's the real deal. Well, I'm sure they've already told her she's a fraud. I wonder how long they'll keep the charade up for... Maybe they'll decide to keep her and leave the real you here with me." His laugh sends a shiver down your spine, and Dabi leans in close to your face.

"They wouldn't."

"You're right. They're probably going to pick her apart to see if she has any information on the League, and then kill her off once they're done with her."

"Oh, please... They're not like you...!"

"You'd be surprised, Princess. Heroes and villains aren't that different once you get past all of the flashy propaganda they pump out." He shakes his head. "I've seen it up close, just how bad they can be."

You stare at Dabi, unsure of what kind of response to give. You wonder for a moment what he may have gone through to turn out the way he did, but it's not like you care too much. He has spent most of the day torturing you and enjoying it, after all. "At least they don't go around murdering people."

He laughs and stands up straight. "You really are such a naive little Princess, aren't you? You'll understand one day. That is, if I decide to keep you alive."

"Heroes don't kill. They fight to save and capture."

"You're so innocent... I want to be there watching your face when your fantasy world comes crashing down, and you see the truth." He lifts a lock of your hair in his hand and looks down at it, rolling it between his scarred fingers. "I wonder when you'll finally give up that tough girl act. Maybe when no one comes to rescue you? Or maybe after I kill anyone stupid enough to try?"

"You're not going to get away with this." You strain. The pain coursing through your body makes it difficult to speak, and saying each word feels like a ten step process.

"But I already did." He laughs and reaches into his pocket. He takes out the gag once more and steps towards you. "Now, be a good little Princess, and let me put this back on."

Dabi clutches your chin, and forces your mouth open. As his fingers graze your lips to put the gag in, you bite down hard on his fingertips, and you can feel his blood splash into your mouth.

"Fuck!" Dabi yanks his hand back, and the back of his hand flies across your face. "You little fucking bitch." He grabs you by the collar of your shirt and yanks you as far forward as you can move in your restraints.

Giving him a pained, but satisfied and insolent glare, you spit the blood out. Some drips down from your lip to your chin, and you feel the stinging as it mixes with the blood coming from your freshly split lip.