Chapter 63: Back in Class

The next day, classes are back in session. You had been set up in a room near Recovery Girl's office with your things, and had spent the night. Before class, she had worked on healing some of your wounds, so you were extra tired.

Not wanting to miss anything, you convince her to let you go up to your class. Shinsou meets you and carries your things as you use crutches to help you walk.

"Wouldn't it be better to use a wheelchair?" He asks you.

"I'm fine! I've been sitting enough, I need to stretch my body!" You say as you wince in pain.

"I'm just saying, your shoulders aren't even fully healed, and you've got crutches shoved in your armpits. That can't feel good. Not to mention your stomach and leg."

"I'm totally fine!" As you say it, you stumble forward, and Shinsou catches you.

"Fine my ass."

You force yourself back up and roll your eyes. "So I stumbled a little, who cares!"

"I care."

The seriousness of his voice catches you off guard, and you feel your face flush. Shinsou's arm is still wrapped around in front of you, his face dangerously close to yours.

Your words catch in your throat as you make eye contact with him. His face is full of concern, and you feel yours become even more red as you glance down at his lips. He catches your gaze, and begins to realize just how close your faces are. As his begins to heat up, he locks eyes with you.

"Y/n!!! Is that you?!" A voice calls out from behind you, startling the two of you out of your thoughts.

You both turn to see Midoriya jogging down the hall.

"Oh, it's you!" He says as he sees Shinsou helping you.

Shinsou looks away from Midoriya and helps you steady yourself on your crutches. "I'm bringing her up to her class."

"Here, let me help, we're going to the same room!"

"I have her."

"O-oh, right, are you sure?"

"I said I've got her."

"Hitoshi, won't you be late for class? We already heard the warning bell..." You say.

He sighs and runs his hand through his hair. "Yeah I guess..."

"It's okay, I don't want to make you late. Midoriya and I will be fine."

Shinsou doesn't say anything and simply shrugs. He drops your things in Midoriya's hands and says goodbye to you.

"I'll see you after class, Hitoshi!" He waves in response as he walks down the hall without looking at you.

"Sorry... I feel like I did something wrong..." Midoriya says.

"Ah don't worry about it, he's just worried about me."

What was I thinking before Midoriya showed up...?! Hitoshi's my friend! Get those thoughts out of your head!!

Still embarrassed, you struggle to follow along with Midoriya's questions about your health.

The two of you make it into class just before the final bell and as you enter, everyone turns their attention to you.

"Y/n! Are you okay?!"

"We saw what happened on the news!"

"I can't believe you four ran into the Hero Killer!"

"Yeah thank god Endeavor showed up to save you!"