Not dead

I hope you enjoy this chapter just as much as I do.

Love you guys for reading this far.
___________________________________

Alvin's POV:

After a lot of Ashley's surgeries, she slipped into a coma. Ashley's friends from New York came to see her even. Days turned into weeks and weeks into months and months into three years.

One winter afternoon,

I went to Ashley's hospital room. She lay still in her bed. I miss looking into her lovely hazel eyes. I took her hand. Sage and Olivia entered the room.

"Hi, Alvin." Sage greeted.

"Hi." I responded.

"Hi, Alvin." Olivia chirped.

"Hi, Olivia." I said.

"How's she doing?" Sage asked.

"Not dead." I said.

I hope that's a logical answer.

"There's still hope." Olivia said.

Silvia entered the room. At least five or three people come visit Ashley in a day. She has not only friends but family.

"Hi guys." Silvia greeted.

"Hi. Sage and I are going to get coffee downstairs, would you want some?" Olivia asked.

"I would." Silvia said.

"Me too." I said.

Olivia and Sage left the room.

"So, how is she?" Olivia asked.

"Not dead." I said.

That's what I'm telling everyone who asks. Silvia sat beside me. She rubbed my back gently.

"I know you miss her." Silvia said.

"You do too." I said.

Daven entered the room. He was now my new found bro and best friend along with Martin.

"Bro, she's not alive?" Daven asked.

"She's not dead." I said.

Daven sighed.

"Don't you guys think she'll ever wake up?" Silvia asked, trying to find hope in us.

"At this point, we don't really know but we have hope." I said.

"Exactly." Daven said.

I felt a pair of eyes watching me. I turned to find staring at me, then at Silvia, then at Daven. She sprang up and stood on the bed and she pointed to us, not yet uttering a word.

"I think we have to deal with memory loss now." I said. "Why is staring at us like that?"

"Shut up, Alvin. I'm trying to establish dominance." Ashley said.

Dominance established. That's a weird first words to say after three years of coma. We all stared at her blankly.

"What are you all standing there for? I'm alive." Ashley said.

"We know." Silvia said.

"It's just weird how you're so 'you' after three years of coma." Daven said.

Exactly what I was thinking.

"Alvin, did you tell them my last words?" Ashley asked.

" Yeah." I said.

She gently sat on the bed as she touched her wound. Daven went to her and held her hand and I came to stand with Silvia, a bit further from them. Daven hugged and kissed her.

A smile formed on my face.

" There's a smile on your face." Silvia said.

"I'm glad she's alive and happy. It makes me happy too." I said.

"So now, you're just the best friend like in those Hollywood movies, the one that's just there to continue the story. The guy gets the girl and they're left off-screen, so they wait for their cue to play the comedic relief." Silvia said.

"I guess that's the story." I said.

Ashley's POV:

As we pulled away from the kiss and I glanced at Alvin. He looked happy not just for me but I think for him too.

Sage and Olivia entered and as they saw me awake, they looked like they've seen a ghost. Obviously.

"She's awake." Olivia said.

"Knew you wouldn't die yet." Sage said.

"And you guys haven't called a doctor." Olivia said as she ran outside to get the doctor.

...

"She's fine just that her tummy must not carry anything heavy because of her treated chorn and wound, she is not to eat plenty or take in alcoholic products and she can't get pregnant yet." The doctor said.

"As long as she's alive, it's good." Bertin said.

Bertin, Mom, Gisele and Cameron got here when they heard I'm awake.

"I still don't get the fact that Cameron, you haven't married my sister." I said with the I'm-not-joking face.

"We decided we won't get married until you wake up." Cameron said.

"Exactly. We want you at our wedding." Gisele added.

"Liars. They decided in four months time and you're not awake, they'll get married." Bertin said.

"Oh okay." I said, nodding slowly.

"That doesn't matter now." Mom said.

"We should throw a party when Ashley's discharged." Olivia said.

"Remember you can't get drunk and you can't eat plenty." The doctor reminded.

"And I can't get pregnant. I got it, doc." I said.

"Isn't it sad news?" Alvin asked.

"Oh, the conditions are temporarily. She'll be all fine after about almost a year. Just keep coming for checkups." The doctor said.

"Did you get that Ashley? Come for checkups." Mom said.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure she comes for checkups." Daven said.

"If she doesn't ran away that is." Bertin said.

"Still the party must go on though." Sage said.

___________________________________

Can't wait for the last chapter, we've come a long way.

Grateful and thankful to all my followers.

Many of you have wonderful talents and should not be hidden from the world.

Have a wonderful day.

I love y'all from the bottom of my heart.

You guys deserve so much.

Can't wait for the last chapter. I hope you liked this chapter. Please vote and comment.

I would appreciate suggestions too on the next chapter.

It's your writer,

MichyScribbler®