Chapter 5

Chapter 5 baby! Hope you enjoy! Please vote and comment as well! 

The future demigods (and satyr!) were having trouble calming down all of the past people. Malcolm Pace's comment on Jupiter being the Roman form of Zeus had all the Greeks in more chaos than usual, and the Romans were freaking out because of Octavian being his usual bitchy self. 

"Guys, calm down!" future Jason yelled, to no avail. 

"Let me have a go at it," Piper whispered to her boyfriend. 

"Demigods, legacies, satyrs, fauns, nymphs—basically just everyone here—stop talking. Save your breath for more important questions. Why fight when you can relax?"

Piper's charmspeak did its job perfectly. Everyone stopped talking faster than one crazy Percy Jackson fangirl when their parents told them they would get rid of their PJO books if they didn't listen to them. 

"Thank you," Piper said, smiling with pride. 

Apollo made eye contact with Piper, giving her a silent Thank you. 

Apollo opened a new portal, and a blue-eyed blondie walked out. He was wearing a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt and green flip-flops. 

"Umm, hi?" Will said.

"Wassup man! Welcome to the past! This is the Field of Mars in 2005! Really, it looks the same, minus the plastic chairs and such," Leo rambled, unaware of the tiny spark of fire growing on his nose in his excitement. 

"Leo!" Hazel hissed, trying to get the son of Hephaestus's attention. "Your nose!"

Leo completely ignored Hazel, which made Reyna facepalm. 

"Leo!" Reyna tried, failing like Hazel.

The flame was now noticeable to the audience of past people. Charles Beckendorf, the head counselor of Cabin 9, was the first to say something about Leo's fiery nose.

"Erm, Leo?" Beckendorf started, "your nose is on fire."

Leo swatted the flames growing on his nose in annoyance. "Yeah, that happens sometimes when I get excited. Pretty cool, right?"

Beckendorf frowned. He didn't want to be rude, but he wasn't sure how to feel about Leo's powers. He knew the stories about past children of Hephaestus that wielded the same power as Leo, and they never ended well. Beckendorf didn't want his newly-found brother to have to deal with the pain of having the power over fire.

"Are we just going to ignore Will?" Frank piped up, shattering everyone's thoughts on Leo's magical powers.

"No, we were just focusing on the more important part—" all of the future people gave Leo a 'don't do it' stare, "—I mean we were just getting there, heh."

Leo backed up and pushed Will forward, causing the son of Apollo to wobble a little at the unexpected force. 

Will stood up straight and faced the crowd of past people. He noticed his past self in the crowd, looking up at him in amazement. Will could basically hear what he was thinking. Oh my god, is that me! Please let that be me, please let that be me! 

"I am William Andrew Solace, son of Apollo, but you can call me Will," stated Will, making eye contact with his past self. He couldn't leave any room for doubt in his mind that he wasn't him.

"Dam, full name," Leo whistled. "I didn't do my full name. Wait—do we have to do our full names?"

Hazel and Piper laughed at the Latino, who was looking genuinely lost. 

"Seriously, do we?"

Hestia spoke up. "No, you do not have to do that, son of Hephaestus, but you may do so if you like."

Leo nodded in appreciation and turned to his friends. "See, that's all you had to say!"

Leo was interrupted (for like the sixteenth time this book) by past Will Solace. 

"Wow! I look awesome! And my dad's Apollo? Isn't he the guy who's been opening all the portals?"

"Can Apollo kids open portals?" past Leo asked to no one in particular. 

"No!" shouted a random Apollo kid.

"Thanks!" past Leo shouted back.

Everyone ignored this interaction, most likely because they were already used to Leo's random lines and questions. 

"Thanks for the compliment, past me! Gods, that's weird. Anyway, yes, our dad's Apollo, and he is the god who's been opening all the portals!" future Will responded. 

"Sweet!" past Will exclaimed. 

All of the future people (minus Coach Hedge who was taking a bathroom break) smiled at young Will. He was so sweet and wholesome, it was hard not to. 

"I'm back!" Coach Hedge whooped, trotting back from the bathrooms. "I would have totally gone before this whole time travel thing if I knew it was going to happen like the rest of ya."

"For the last time, it's not our fault! The portal has a mind of its own!" Hades grumbled, sick of Coach Hedge (probably because he left to go to the bathroom while everyone was going crazy, and decided to ask Hades if he could block him while he peed. The Lord of the Underworld pretty much banished him to the bathrooms).

Apollo, noticing the rising tension, spoke up. "I think it's time to bring back some more people, right?"

The god of music didn't wait for a response as he hurriedly created a new portal. Out came a former Titaness, and a whole lot of chaos, too.

That's Chapter 5! I hope you enjoyed it! Please vote and comment, it would really make my day <3

Disclaimer: No, Chaos did not come out of the portal, I was just implying that a lot of drama is in store for the next chapter, so get your popcorn ready 🍿🍿🍿

Question of the chapter: What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Mine's cookie dough.

See you next week! <3