Chapter 32

****Author's Thoughts****
New chapter has arrived, hope you guys enjoy reading this chapter and again would love to see you guys comment on each chapter and voted, if you find any wrong spelling or word...do let me know about it so I can update the chapter.
Announcement to readers, we will be reaching at the end of this story. Just a few chapters left and hopefully it will be completed at the end of May. After this, author will finish another unfinished story on Author's list.

When Mei is cooking scrambled egg, she could heard the door at her bedroom were open.
She walk and look at the corridor and saw that Haru is standing at the open door, she walks back to the kitchen and turn off the  kitchen fire.
Then she walks towards the child and bend down a little.
"Good morning, did you sleep well last night."
"Yes"
"Well, breakfast will be ready in just a few minutes. So while waiting for that, you can brush your teeth.
There is a new toothbrush that is dark blue colour at the sink on the bathroom. You can also take a shower if you want, do you remember where you put the towel you used last night?"
Haru nodded then he goes back inside Mei's room and took the towel which he has hang it on the make-up chair.

Mei watching Haru move and goes to the bathroom, she then walks towards the kitchen and continue to cook.
She took the scrambled egg and place it on the plate, put 2 pieces of bread and bacon on it.
She then take out a bottle of orange juice and pour it on the glass.
She likes to eat light breakfast and not to heavy one but she put an extra for Haru because she knew that children need to eat a lot in order the growth.
She wait for Haru to finish brush his teeth and took a shower, while she is waiting.
She thinks about what would happen if she report it to the police?
If she did then the child will be taken back and would be turn to his previous family whom abandoned him.

Beside, his been in the abandoned not to long ago, Mei is torn between wanting the child to stay with and doesn't need to report to the police or just report to the police and let things flow from there : whether the family does not want the child and will be put at the orphanage home or another relative will took him in but ended up in the same situation.
Mei is thinking so hard that she didn't realise that the child is already sitting at the chair in front of her.
She realise that the child is already there went she heard the child's voice saying "What's wrong?"
Answer his question, she told him that there is nothing wrong and she is just thinking about work.

She then told the child to eat his breakfast, and like last night they both did not talk about anything, the  only sound that could be hear is when the fork or spoon hit the plate then she remember that she needed to go to work and so she talk to Haru about this.
"Little one.."
Haru eating stop his track and look at Mei.
"Soon I'm going to go to work and I'm sorry that I couldn't bring you along at my work place but you can stay here."
Mei could see the changes in Haru's face, she would clearly guess that Haru didn't like the suggestion she told him as if she is abandon him.

And so she assure him than she would not abandon him, that she is just going to work.
But that still couldn't convince the child into believing her and so she went to where she put her mobile phone, Mei have two mobile phone which she used for personal and work related.
She took her mobile phone for personal use only and handed to him. Then she shown him how to use it and make her other number which she use as work related.
"If you feel lonely then you could dail this number, it's my other number and I'll be sure to pick up your call.
Mei said.
She already set a speed dail to make it easier for the child to call her.

When seeing the mobile phone then the child's expression change again, he said
"You really  won't leave me?"
"Of course, I promise you that I would not do that."
"Promise?"
Looking at the child whom hoping that she would be true to her promise and shown his pinky finger and wanting her to make sure that she kept her promises at the end of the day.
Mei felt sorrow in her heart because she could see that the child needed a lot of assuring because he was hurt by his own family without feeling any remorse.
And so she also shown her pinky fingers and promise him that she would be back once she finish her work at the company.

Haru feel assure about the promise that she made, felt happy again.
Mei also felt happy because she see how Haru facial expression change from stiff to happy again.
She want the child to be happy and forget about what had happen during his time at the street.
Her mother side shown because she could clearly see that this child should be happy and have a good memory.
Time is almost 8.00am, Mei got ready for work while Haru is watching television.
The atmosphere at the living room is a bit weird because Haru still wasn't use living at Mei's apartment.

Before Mei leave for work, she remind Haru again if there is something that he needs.
He could call her like how she taught him to, she makes sure that Haru remember her number and being a smart kid, Haru remembers it all.
Mei then told him how to use the microwave, since she didn't have enough time to prepare lunch for him to eat later but she did have a frozen food on her fridge.
After that she left to go to work, she felt a bit worry but she hope that Haru is doing fine while she's at work.
Haru seeing Mei close the door of her apartment then felt a bit anxious because his all alone now and the apartment where he is are  spacious.
When his with Mei, he never felt lonely.
She always attends his every need and she was always there whenever he felt that feeling of not wanting to be left or alone.

He grab the mobile phone and try to dial Mei's number but in the midway of him doing that, he stop.
He remembers that Mei have to go to work and she probably busy.
So he didn't dial her number and decide to wait until she return home from work, Haru then look all over the living room and think about helping her clean but he clearly see that she had already do that.
Because he have nothing to do all day, Haru decide to watch television.