•17•

Several minutes went by since communications went offline due to Optimus, Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, and Bumblebee, including Megatron, being sent to where Unicron was. Raf looks over to Ratchet and said, "Doesn't that mean...?"

The medic bot sighs in reply, "Usually, but a more likely explanation would be the severe interference caused by these electromagnetic anomalies."

"So, if we can't track them and can't contact us, how are we gonna know when they're ready for pick up?" Miko asked.

Ratchet was unsure until he heard a tapping sound coming from Jack, seeing the key in his hand as it surprised the bot. "Where did you get that?"

"Optimus." The teen replied, holding out the key. "Honestly, I don't know why he gave me the key to the ground bridge's power supply."

Ratchet shook his helm, "Jack, there is no key to the ground bridge."

Jack's eyes widens as Conner asked, "Then what is it?"

The medic bot slowly leans in while facing the two boys. "That is a key to Vector Sigma."

His answer made you curious as Jack said, "The what?"

"You are holding one of Cybertron's most important relics." Ratchet replied.

Jack backs away for a moment as he held the key to him. "I shouldn't have this."

You gave the teenager a look and said, "But Optimus entrusted you the key, Jack."

"But that doesn't make any sense..." Jack murmurs, "but why?"

Silence lingered in the air as everyone looked at Ratchet for an answer. He sighs and said, "Because he doesn't plan on coming back."

"W-What?"

All eyes and an optic gaze on Maki, who was in Ha-Joon's arms. The look in the child's eyes made Ratchet frown since your niece was fond of the Prime. Kaede walks over to her daughter with small frown and caressed her small cheek.

Maki couldn't help but cry as Kaede sighs and takes her daughter in her arms, gently caressing the child's small back. Both Raf and Miko felt bad for your niece while June, Agent Fowler, Conner, and Jack watched with sympathy for the child. You quietly sigh as you glanced down at your necklace, which was faintly glowing around your neck.

Confused, you began to bring it out until a voice in your head stopped you.

Don't.

This startled you as you flinched. Conner noticed your shoulders go up as he asked in the mind link. Are you okay?

You glanced at him with a small smile. I'm alright.

The Kryptonian clone sighs and went over to speak with Fowler. You sighed in relief and looked back at the crystal around your neck, wondering who was that voice.

It would seem you heard me, child.

You get startled again as you quickly looked around, trying to find out who is was. June noticed your actions and asked, "Y/n? Is something wrong?"

Startled for a third time, you looked over to her as everyone and Ratchet stared at you. A feeling of nervousness made you weakly chuckle as you point in the back with your thumb. "I-I'm gonna meditate. Be right back!"

Before anyone could protest, you rushed out of the room in a flash. Once you were gone, you were already in a corridor of the base with a huff. Standing up, you bring out the crystal necklace and began to speak in your mind with a growl.

And I suppose you're Unicron?

The voice in your head lightly chuckles. Quite the opposite, my dear.