•3•

The news of your alter ego's heroic actions from yesterday went live on the 10 o'clock news channel.

You let out a sigh as you continued to reorganize the books on the shelf in the science fiction section.

It's not like you hated people talking about your alter ego, it's just you didn't want to have them search for you and hack into the social media to find your location as their advantage.

After you were done reorganizing the books, you head to the front desk and began helping Lisa with the books being checked out for the customers. The cycle went for only an half an hour as Lisa told you that she has some documents to check over.

You nodded and did the check out all on your own for the customers four hours later.

Soon enough, you were now on the computer as a new person came into the library. You didn't know who it was, but you were so busy filing sign-up sheets for the book club at the school Miko, Jack, and Raf goes.

Clicking the word print on the computer with the mouse, you heard the printer running with the catcher sticking out to catch the papers. As you let the printer does its thing, a voice broke you out of your concentration.

"I didn't know you'd be working here in a library, Y/n."

You froze for a moment and went to look at the person with surprise. A small grin was on the person's face as they continued.

"What? Cat got your tongue?"

You blinked for a second and began to speak with a smile. "What brings you here to Jasper, Nevada, Grayson?"

Your friend, Grayson, aka Richard Grayson, or "Dick" Grayson for short, chuckled as he crossed his arms.

"Just wanted to see an old friend of mine since she's trying to get someone off her tail for the past 9 years." He answered, making you roll your eyes.

Checking the time on the clock, it was the afternoon and you kinda skipped breakfast this morning as a growl came from your stomach. Dick quietly snickered as you gave him a glare while being embarrassed.

"Forgot breakfast this morning?" He teased.

"Oh shut up, boy wonder." You grumbled.

Dick lightly laughed as you both head out of the library after leaving a note to Lisa of hanging out with a friend on the front desk. You and Grayson head to K.O. Burgers by car as you parked the vehicle in the parking lot next to a blue motorcycle.

The two of you walk in the burger joint as Jack saw you come in with a friend.

"Oh hey, Y/n. What brings you and your friend here to K.O. Burgers?" Jack asked.

"Well, me and Dick here are just hanging out just to catch up on a few things." You answered while grabbing your wallet.

"Ah, I see." The teen turns to Grayson, "Are you here often? I've never seen you in Jasper before."

"I'm more of a...traveler here and there." Dick replied with a smile, "Basically around the world."

"Really? What states have you visited?" Jack asked, only to get a chuckle from you as a reply.

"Okay, okay, Darby. You can ask questions later if Grayson and I order two burgers, a pack of fries, and two cups of sodas." You smiled as you gave him your credit card while Jack nodded.

___

After paying the order, you went to grab sodas from the soda machine while Dick placed yours and his meal at a booth by the window. Jack was taking a break from his shift as he joined with your friend at the booth table. You soon joined after as you gave the drink to Dick before sitting across the boys.