•2•

It has been a month and a half since you moved in Jasper, Nevada.

There hasn't been any changes during your time in the town, but you did have a few run-ins with a 12 and a quarter year old boy named Rafael Esquivel.

The first time you met him was at the library you work at. It was shocking to say the least, but also risky to talk to public people. Whenever you go out in public, you wear a blue crystal necklace to hide your wolf ears.

The necklace you found was last month during your night patrol with two ninjas from the Foot Clan, which was dealing with thieves robbing a jewelry shop. The owner was thankful and gave you the necklace as a gift of gratitude for saving him.

You wanted to refuse the offer, but a part of you wanted to keep it since it made you curious.

A smile formed on your lips at the memory as you changed in a thin black tank top with a red short top over it, dark blue thin jeans, and a pair of black short socks. You then placed the necklace around your neck as you went to put on combat boots.

Quickly, you leave your bedroom as you grabbed your black leather mini backpack from your nightstand and head to the front door of your apartment. You locked the door and placed your apartment key in the zipper pocket of your backpack before heading to the parking lot.

You unlocked your car, started the engine, and soon drove off to the library. As you parked the car and exit the vehicle with your bag, you saw Raf waiting at the entrance. Wondering what he was doing there, you locked the car and walked towards the boy as he saw you coming.

"Good morning, Raf. Shouldn't you be in school right now?"

"Oh, good morning, Y/n. And about that..."

Raf told you about his situation as you listened to him. After he was finished talking, you both quickly head to your car as you turned on the engine. Raf went in the back as you sat in the driver's seat. You slowly backed the vehicle from the parking lot before driving off to the boy's school.

"So your pickup and drop off driver didn't arrive at your house since something came up at his end, huh?" You said while paying attention on the road.

"Mhmm. He said that it's personal, so I said that I was okay with it." Raf replied while looking at the window.

You didn't say anything else as you saw the school building not far. Parking the car by the school entrance, you unlocked the vehicle as Raf opened the door.

"Thanks for dropping me off, Y/n."

You smiled, "You're welcome, Raf. If something like this happens again, call me okay?"

He nodded as the boy closed the door and went inside the school. You sighed before driving back to the library and began to do your day job.

_______

Hours went by as the day went into the afternoon.

Looking at the clock, it was 1:10 pm and you have 4 to 5 hours to go until you go on night patrol again with the ninjas. You sighed as you walked around the library, checking to see if any of the books were misplaced.

After that, you went over to the front desk and began organizing some things through the computer. Suddenly, a quiet buzz came through your phone. Wondering what it was, you took out the device from your pocket and looked to see a message from Karai.

⚫️🔴 Karai 🔴⚫️

Thieves stealing money
from cashiers at a mall.
What shall we do?