•12•

Soon, you, Conner, and Kaede were with everyone in the main room of the Autobot base as Optimus spoke of an old prophecy.

"And it was written in the covenant of Primus that when forty-seven spheres align, a perpetual conflict will culminate upon a world forged from chaos, and the weak shall perish in the shadows of a rising darkness."

"No skies raining fire?" Arcee questioned.

"Goes without saying; it is a doomed prophecy, after all," Ratchet says.

"I'd say it's a lord of hooey." Bulkhead stated.

"You could be right about this, Bulkhead," Kaede complied as she looks at the medic bot, "but when does this prophecy occur?"

"I'd always assumed the ancients were referring to our home planet, but being that Cybertron has been dark for eons..." Ratchet said.

"And considering what has befallen this planet since Megatron's arrival here..." the Prime continued.

"Woah, woah, woah. We've known about these superstitions for ages and never gave them a second thought," The green wrecker interjected.

"Because the planetary alignment to which the prophecy refers is nearly upon us." Optimus explained.

"And where would that endpoint be at?" Conner asked.

"...Earth." Ratchet grimly answered.

You and Conner exchanged glances with concern as Maki held onto Kaede's hand, having your friend carry the little girl into her arms.

"Uh...pretty crazy, heh, r-right?" Bulkhead said unsure.

You sighed while shaking your head before looking at Ratchet and asked, "How long do we have?"

The medical mech stayed silent for a moment before answering, "A few days at most."

"However unsettling this revelation may be, I am more concerned about those who might believe that the prophecy speaks to them alone," says Optimus.

Kaede sighs and looks at the time on her watch, "Well, I have some places to go to."

She hands Maki over to Conner as Kaede heads down from the platform, walking towards her car. You watched her open the door of her car as you asked, "And where are you running of to?"

Kaede lightly chuckles as she looks over to you with a grin, "I have an appointment to go to."

"An appointment, eh?" You chuckled as you let out a smirk, "Well, I hope you enjoy that appointment, Kaede."

Kaede glares at you as you shrugged, "Just saying."

She sighs with a smile and entered her car as she started the engine before leaving the base. Once Kaede left, you sighed as Maki looks at you.

"Obasan, where is Okasan off to?" The girl asked.

You chuckled and patted her head, "I'll tell you when you're older, my dear niece."

Maki pouted, but she nods as she agreed with your words. Conner chuckles as he carried Maki to the human lounge while Miko and Raf followed them. Jack looks at you confused as he walks towards you.

"So what kind of an 'appointment' is Kaede off to?" The teen asked.

You chuckled, "That's something only Kaede and I know, Jack."

Jack sighs and joins the others at the human lounge as you sighed with your arms crossed while Arcee looks at you.

"Something on your mind?"