•16•

After the group discussion was over, you turned off the holographic screens from your watch with a sigh. Conner looks at you with concern since you were still hanging onto him.

"You alright?"

You shook your head, "After hearing the heartbeat of a dark deity, it hurts my head and ears so much."

The Kryptonian clone nods as he gently pets your wolf ears. You flinched by his touch, though at least it was a gentle one. You let out a chuckle as Conner chuckled along with you. "Something funny?"

"Nothing really." You grinned.

Conner smirks, "You sure?"

You rolled your eyes and pulled away from his arm. "Come on, Kent."

The Kryptonian clone chuckles and followed your lead. As you and him walked through the corridors of the Autobot base, you began to wonder why did your wolf hearing get so sensitive from the audio earlier.

Once you two arrived back to the main room, Kaede, Maki, and Ha-Joon were the first ones to approach. You softly smiled as your niece rushes to you with a hug. With a chuckle, you picked her up to her arms and tapped her nose as Maki giggled.

"Are you feeling well now?" Kaede asked.

You nod as Ha-Joon began to ask, "How's your ears?"

"Still ringing a little, but it'll be gone later." You smiled.

Suddenly, the voice of a particular warlord echoed through the monitors as it startled the five of you. "I happened!"

You looked up at the large green monitors, seeing the images of your Autobot friends. You heard Bulkhead yell warlard's name as Miko exclaimed. "King Kong's there too?!"

Now this surprised you as Ratchet grumbles with distaste. "He aligned himself with Unicron!"

"Don't be so sure." Arcee voiced her words, "Megatron saved Optimus' tailpipe."

Both you and Conner looked at each other in shock. Having this Decepticon warlord saving Prime was bizarre to you, yet also concerning. But to make things even more surprising, Megatron declared to have Autobots and Decepticons join forces in order to destroy Unicron together.

The notion made Ratchet scoff with a laugh. "That's absurd! Unicron is an incarnate. If Megatron was to take any side, why would it be ours?"

Silence aired in the comm link monitors until Optimus gave out his answer. "Because Megatron's pride would never allowed anyone other than himself to rule this planet."

A sudden beep blared in your ear as you tapped into your comm link while handing Maki to Kaede. "Midnight Walker here."

"Sorry to disturb you, but have you started the investigation yet for the missing children?" The voice of the Dark Knight echoed into your ears, making you sigh.

"Unfortunately, I am busy helping with the...robotic war." You murmured while walking a bit far from the human platform, "Besides, the world's at stake. And it's...unlike you to have me abandon the Autobots out of the blue."

A sigh escaped Batman's mouth, knowing that you were right. "Alright, but once the situation dies down, I recommend to start it as soon as possible."

You hum with a nod before signing off from the comm link. You then hear Megatron saying that the past between Autobot and Decepticon no longer matters since Unicron is alive. A loud slam came from Ratchet as he was angry with the warlord's words.

"The past always matters!"

"A truce between Autobot and Decepticon," the Prime murmurs, "How long do you expect us to believe that it will last?"