▒114▒ 🔸 Shadows of the Past - 21 🔸

En başından başla

"Please God, save them.."
Leah prayed.

Anisha entered the Crown Prince's chamber with a sense of urgency. She found him alone in his spacious office, his eyes tinged with sadness but his demeanor as cold as ever. Without hesitation, she approached him, handing over the bundle of evidence she had secured from the saint's room.

"Your Highness, I found these in the saint's room.."

Anisha began without giving him a chance to reply, recounting the events and stressing the innocence of Lucas and Izana, while carefully concealing Leah's involvement.

The Crown Prince sifted through the documents meticulously. After a moment, to Anisha's shock and disbelief, he tossed them into the air, letting them scatter across the room.

Anisha stared at him, dumbfounded and unable to comprehend his actions. She had personally verified the authenticity of those documents while coming here. Why would he dismiss them so casually?

Despite her rising anger at the Crown Prince's dismissive gesture, Anisha held her tongue, restraining herself from voicing her frustration.
‘I must stay composed, this is for Izana.’
she reminded herself inwardly.

Anisha's voice quivered with a mix of frustration and desperation as she confronted the Crown Prince.

"Why did you do that? Have you even read the evidence? Why punish the innocents instead of holding the temple accountable? Why are you doing all this? What has changed you?"

The weight of her emotions made it difficult to speak, but she pressed on, determined to make him understand.

Anisha looked on, baffled by the Crown Prince's silence.

Shen, Edgar's attendant, soon entered the room, seemingly having overheard Anisha's heated conversation with the Crown Prince. Looking at Shen's presence it looked like Edger confirmed something.

"Well, It might be best for you to focus your efforts elsewhere, my dear wife.."
He taunted.
"Perhaps you should see what's happening outside."

Anisha's heart sank, grasping the implication of Edgar's words.

Without a word, Shen moved forward to gather the evidence Anisha had handed over. He took a moment to sigh and looked at Edger.

Shen glanced at Anisha with a mixture of pity and regret.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness.."
he murmured, avoiding her gaze.

Anisha felt a sinking feeling in her stomach.

Shen looked at her sadly.
"I'm afraid these documents won't be of use now."
He replied cryptically, walking towards the door with the evidence in hand.
"But I can assure you, I'll look into this matter."
He whispered without the Crown Prince noticing.

Anisha was stunned, her mind racing.
"Why? What's going on? Why did you say that these documents won't be of use now??"
She cried out, desperation evident in her voice.

But Shen simply shook his head, his expression inscrutable.
"You should leave, Your Highness. It's not safe for you to be here."

As Shen left the room, Anisha stood there, bewildered and heartbroken, trying to comprehend the gravity of the situation.

The crown prince looked at Anisha and scoffed,
"You are still here? I guess it will be nice if you go straight to the palace gates now, dear wife.."

Anisha couldn't think of anything for a moment and her heart raced as she started running frantically towards the palace gates. The distance between the main gates and the Crown Prince's palace is quite far.
The cobblestone path felt uneven beneath Anisha's feet, jarring her with each hurried step. The distant sounds of many palace guards filled the air around her.

"No, please God..No!"

As she ran, the early morning sunlight glinted off the ornate palace walls, casting long shadows that danced alongside her.

While running, Anisha desperately tried to reach Leah through the communication tool, the small mana device in her earring buzzing softly with static as she called out Leah's name.

Just then, Anisha heard Leah's voice through her communication device. The mana tool that was crafted into her earring, allowed only Anisha to hear Leah's discreet messages.

Anisha desperately asked,
"Leah, where are you? The Crown Prince didn't look into the evidence. He didn't believe it. Leah, what should I do now? Tell me!"

Anisha's vision was getting blurry but she still didn't stop running.

"Tell me, Leah. Is...Is Izana alright? Please just tell me, Leah."

This time Anisha could hear a soft sob coming from the other side.

Anisha's heart stopped hearing that.
"Leah, are you alright? Why are you crying? Where are you now, Leah? Is everything alright? Is Izana alright?"
Anisha kept repeating her words.
"I'm coming, Leah. I'm coming to the Palace Gates!"

Only then could Leah reply,
"No, Your Highness. Please don't come to the palace gate! Please don't come!! Go to your palace now. I will come and tell you everything. Please don't come here."

Anisha didn't heed Leah's words. She ran directly towards the palace gate, the sound of her footsteps echoing in her ears, driven by worry and desperation.

The Crown Prince looked at her running figure through the window of his office, his hands clenched into a fist.

From the second floor hallway window, Shen watched Anisha's fading figure with a sad face. He then glanced at the evidence Anisha had given, the same evidence supposedly prepared by Izana but found in the saint's room.

From afar, the Holy Saint frowned as she observed Shen, who was now holding the documents.

What lies ahead in their future?

Has destiny already penned their paths?
Or are they the authors of their own destinies?

Who knows ~

⬛◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾◽▪️◽▪️◽▪️◽▪️◽⬜

A/ N :

Are we mere pawns in the game of destiny, or do our choices script the tale of our lives?

As secrets unravel and alliances shift, what lies ahead for our characters?
Ponder these questions and join our characters on their journey, filled with twists, betrayals, and unexpected alliances.

What awaits them? Only time will tell..
The answers lie in the unfolding chapters. Stay tuned.. 💛

And, Don't forget to VOTE!!