Chapter 35 - A Croquette Date

Start from the beginning

I won't be able to have a summer vacation since I have a job now, but if I did get a vacation, I don't know what to do or where to go. I could probably hang out with Aoi, but then again, I heard she and her big brother are going to be out of town to see some of their family members. I guess I got some thinking to do when I cross that bridge.

Right now, I am currently walking through the downtown area once again, and a certain smell caught my attention. It was... the smell of croquettes, and I have a good idea who was making them, too.

I followed the scent, and it led me to Kitazawa Meats, and the one making them is the bassist from a certain band who is all about smiles.

"(Y/N)-kun! Welcome!" Hagumi said as she greets me

"(Y/N)-kun! Welcome!" Hagumi said as she greets me. "Are you here for yummy croquettes?"

"Hi, Hagumi." I replied. "Well-"

Before I could say more, my stomach started growling. I blushed and chuckled nervously in front of her.

"You know what? I could use something to eat right about now..." I said.

"Hehehe, leave it to me!" Hagumi declared.

Hagumi took some croquettes and she gave it to me, and as she did, a big smile appears on her face.

"Here you go!" She said. "I set them on the side for you."

"Thanks, Hagumi. That was kind of you."

Hagumi giggled, and a blush appeared on her face as she did.

"Hehehe, no problem at all

"Hehehe, no problem at all." She said.

I was about to pull out my wallet and pay for it, but Hagumi stopped me.

"Oh, no need to pay for it." She said. "It's for free."

"You sure? I have money."

"Yeah, but this is my way of saying thanks for always helping me and my band members!" She said.

"Well, I can't say no to free food."