𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

ZADE

As I stir in bed, my eyes flutter open only to see my beautiful fiancée pulling her skirt up on the other side of the bed; her back facing me.

"Good morning, Butterfly," I say and I know she's blushing because I interrupted her when she's half naked.

She turns around, a playful smile dancing on her lips. "Morning, Zade," she says, her cheeks still flushed. "You caught me getting dressed."

I sit up in bed, feeling a surge of affection for her. "I don't mind being your audience," I say with a grin, reaching out to pull her closer to me. And her back is still facing me. "You make even the simplest moments enchanting."

"Atlas finally moved here" she says. I pause for a moment, masking my true feelings behind a smile.

"Oh, that's... nice," I say, trying to sound supportive despite the twinge of jealousy creeping in. "I hope he doesn't take up too much of your time, though. I like having you all to myself."

She laughs softly, sensing the hint of possessiveness in my tone. "Don't worry, Zade," she says, running her fingers through my hair affectionately. "You'll always be my number one priority." But deep down, I can't shake the feeling of unease, knowing that She's my fiancée and one day, my wife.

I feel a surge of relief at her reassurance but can't shake the irrational fear gnawing at me. "Of course," I say, trying to sound nonchalant. "I'm just looking out for you, you know? Wanting to make sure you're happy." Yet, the selfish part of me can't help but feel threatened by Atlas's presence, even if their relationship is purely platonic.

"So I might be coming late tonight" she says and I suddenly become extremely possessive about her. Not that I'm usually less protective but she's mine, hands off. And I don't give a shit if it's just my brother who "doesn't see her that way." She's my girl, and I don't like other men's disgusting hands or prying eyes on her body.

"Late?" I questioned, trying to keep my voice steady despite the surge of concern. "Why do you need to stay out late? Is everything okay?"

I couldn't shake the sense of unease that washed over me. Images of potential dangers raced through my mind, each one more terrifying than the last. I knew I had to do everything in my power to keep Elena safe, no matter what.

Elena met my gaze with understanding and determination. "It's just some last-minute plans with Atlas," she explained, her voice calm but resolute. "I want to spend some time with him because we didn't see each other for so long."

My jaw tightened at the mention of Atlas, my protective instincts roaring to life at the mere thought of Elena being alone with another man, even if it was my own brother. "I don't like the idea of you staying out late," I admitted, my voice tinged with concern. "But if you insist, then I'm coming with you. I won't let you go alone."

Elena's grateful smile softened the edges of my worry, her hand reaching out to squeeze mine reassuringly. "Thank you, Zade," she murmured softly. "I appreciate you looking out for me."

"But now that I interrupted you when you were wearing your skirt, and it's not even up completely, it can go down. Completely." I say with a big grin spreading across my face. I pull her back by her shoulders and she laughs.

"Stoppp! Please- I'm going to get late, Atlas is waiting for me. I haven't seen him in months and although he said he'd come a month after we came, it's been 9 and a half months." She says, trying to escape my grip.

As Elena slipped out of my grasp with her playful protests, I couldn't help but chuckle at her antics. But my amusement was tinged with a sense of determination. I wasn't about to let her go off on her own, especially with Atlas waiting for her.