𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

ELENA

We exit the taxi and I feel the warm morning breeze of Chicago. I look at the house in front of me and I am shocked.

The house combines elements of modern and traditional architecture, blending clean lines with subtle decorations that give it a timeless charm. Its exterior is adorned with soft shades of beige and gray, harmonizing beautifully with the natural surroundings.

As I approach, the driveway is lined with meticulously maintained flower beds, guiding you toward the modest yet elegant entrance. A collection of luxury vehicles parked nearby suggests the comfort and luxury awaiting inside.

Despite its modest size, the property features a thoughtfully landscaped garden. It includes a cozy seating area and a small fountain, creating a tranquil space perfect for moments of relaxation and contemplation. This garden is more than just a display; it's a serene retreat designed for peaceful enjoyment.

As I unlock the door and step inside, I'm I step into the room, greeted by a sense of openness amplified by the emptiness. The expanse stretches about 10 meters ahead, leading my gaze to where two inviting sofas sit, forming a cozy nook facing a wall-mounted TV. Casting my eyes to the right, a dining table for six catches my attention, its polished surface hinting at shared meals and lively conversations. Beyond it, the kitchen beckons, its layout promising culinary adventures.

Glancing to my left, a wall adorned with paintings draws me in, each piece telling its own story and adding character to the space. Beside it, the staircase stands as a gateway to the upper level. 

As I climb up the stairs, I finally reach the top. There, I find myself in a long hallway with several doors. I walk down the hallway and notice a door on my right side. Curious, I open it and step into a spacious bedroom. The walls are painted a bright, gleaming white, and even the bed sheets match the color. It feels clean and fresh, like a blank canvas waiting for someone to fill it with memories.

Continuing down the hallway, I find another door on my left. This leads to a room meant for studying or working. Like the bedroom, the walls are white but this room has wooden shelves leaning against the wall and the room is  filled with sunlight streaming in through the windows. It feels warm and inviting, perfect for spending hours lost in books or typing away on a computer.

At the end of the hallway, there's one more door. I open it and step into another bedroom. Just like the others, the walls are painted white. Inside, there's a large, comfortable bed, promising a good night's sleep. There's also a bathroom attached, designed for comfort and relaxation. The door opens to reveal a spacious oasis, adorned with luxurious touches and elegant simplicity. The walls are tiled in a soft, neutral color, creating a calming atmosphere that soothes the senses. The floor is adorned with warm, inviting tiles, soft underfoot as you step inside. Soft, ambient lighting bathes the room, casting a gentle glow that enhances the tranquil ambiance. A sleek, modern bathtub sits against one wall, inviting you to sink into its depths and let the worries of the day melt away. Nearby, a spacious walk-in shower beckons with its rainfall showerhead and indulgent water pressure, offering a rejuvenating experience after a long day. A large vanity with ample counter space provides plenty of room for personal grooming essentials, while elegant fixtures add a touch of sophistication to the space. Mirrors adorn the walls, reflecting light and creating a sense of openness. 

I go to the balcony and the view is just perfect. The children running around on the neighbor  hood streets, people walking their dogs and a group of boys playing football in someone's backyard. I look up at the feel of someone's hand on my back. "Do you like it?" he asks.

"Zade, I love it, it's amazing" I say and with that he smiles. He actually smiles. Holy shit. He asks me if I would like to have my luggage now and I nod in response.