𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

ELENA

I wake up groggily and I notice my surroundings. This is my room, in my house. I beam out of bed, being very excited for I'm not sure what, probably for experiencing being in my own place.

I get dressed in a white sweatshirt and sweat shorts. I rush down stairs and start making my breakfast- pancakes. Some time after I make the pancakes, the bell rings.

I open the door forgetting that my shorts are a little up, exposing a little of my upper thigh and I'm not even wearing underwear. "Z-Zade, hi" I say.

"Good Morning, Butterfly" Zade says and god, whenever he calls me that, I want to fold. I welcome him inside and we go take a seat on the sofa.

As we sit together on the sofa, the reality of our impending marriage hangs in the air, adding a layer of excitement to our conversation. With the engagement party looming on the horizon, there's a sense of urgency to begin planning.

"Zade," I start, fiddling nervously with the hem of my shirt. "We should probably start discussing the engagement party. Do you have any thoughts on how we should go about it?"

Zade nods, his expression thoughtful. "I was thinking we could keep it simple but elegant," he suggests. "Maybe a small gathering with our closest friends and family, nothing too big."

I nod in agreement, relieved that we're on the same page. "That sounds perfect," I reply, feeling a weight lift off my shoulders. "And perhaps we could have it at my parents' old house, Andrew's current place? It's where I grew up, where my parents lived, and it holds so many precious memories for me. Hosting the celebration there would be a beautiful way to honor their memory and feel their presence on such a special occasion.."

Zade nods at the suggestion. "I like that idea. We could decorate with fairy lights and flowers, create a magical and memorable ambiance."

As we delve into the details of our engagement party plans, I feel a sense of anticipation building within me. Despite the initial nerves about our arranged marriage, I'm beginning to see the beauty in sharing this special moment with Zade. And as we collaborate on creating the perfect celebration, I can't help but feel a growing connection between us, one that promises a future filled with love and happiness.

"And the date?" He asks and I got the wrong idea.

"We're going on a date?" I ask.

He chuckles and says "if you want, we could, princess but I was talking about the date of the party."

Heat rises on to my cheeks as I say "oh, right, sorry." He nods.

"How about the 27th of June?" I ask

"That works" he replies.

ZADE

After our planning session concludes, I rise from the sofa, feeling a sense of contentment wash over me. Elena sees me to the door, her warm smile filling me with a sense of warmth.

"Thanks for coming over, Zade," she says, her voice soft with sincerity.

"It was my pleasure," I reply, returning her smile. "I'll see you soon, Love."

With a final wave, I step out onto the porch, the cool breeze ruffling my hair as I make my way down the pathway. As I walk, my thoughts drift back to our conversation, lingering on the details of our engagement party plans.

Despite the initial apprehension I felt about our arranged marriage, spending time with Elena has a way of putting me at ease. There's a spark between us, an undeniable connection that I can't ignore.

Lost in my thoughts, I reach the front door, unlocking it with a sense of anticipation. Stepping inside, I'm greeted by the familiar surroundings of the Sanchez mansion, but tonight, they feel somehow different.

As I settle onto the sofa, I find myself replaying moments from my time with Elena, each memory bringing a smile to my lips. Despite the uncertainties that lie ahead, I can't shake the feeling that with Elena by my side, anything is possible.

With a sense of determination, I pull out my phone, ready to dive into the next steps of planning our engagement party. And as I begin to jot down ideas and make arrangements, I can't help but feel a sense of excitement for the future that awaits us, knowing that with Elena as my partner, the journey ahead will be nothing short of extraordinary.