𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

ELENA

As I stir awake, a sense of unease in my stomach bothers me. With difficulty, I rise up and sit. I look on the bed only to be horrified. A crimson bloodstain is on the pristine white sheets. My heart sinks in as I realize I got my period. Usually, I wear pads throughout the week that my period is expected to start but this time, it's late. My fiancée moves a little and faces me with a smile on his face. He observes me and his smile disappears and he looks at me in concern "Are you okay, Love?" He asks and I'm so embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry, Zade, it was an accident, I-I-I don't know. I'm sorry " I start ranting as tears shred down my cheeks and the man beside me follows my gaze then, looks back at me.

"Hey, it's okay, Princess, it's normal." Zade's voice is calm and soothing, his eyes filled with understanding and compassion. He reaches out to wipe away my tears, his touch gentle against my skin.

"I know it can be scary and embarrassing, but it's a natural part of being human," he reassures me, pulling me into his arms. "There's nothing to be ashamed of, Butterfly. It happens to every woman at some point."

I nod, trying to compose myself as his words sink in. Despite my embarrassment, I find solace in his comforting embrace, in the warmth of his presence beside me.

"Let's get you cleaned up, okay?" Zade suggests, his voice filled with tenderness. "I'll take care of changing the sheets while you take a bath."

I nod gratefully, feeling a wave of relief wash over me at his offer. He carries me to the bathroom and whispers reassuring words in my ear. 

As Zade helps me undress, his touch is gentle and tender, his fingers moving with care as he removes each piece of clothing. There's a sense of intimacy in his actions, a silent reassurance that I am cherished and loved.

I feel a blush creeping up my cheeks as his warm gaze meets mine, his eyes filled with nothing but adoration. Despite my embarrassment, I can't help but feel a sense of comfort in his presence, a feeling of safety and security that only he can provide.

With each garment removed, I feel a weight lifting off my shoulders, a sense of vulnerability giving way to a newfound sense of freedom. And as I stand before him, bare and exposed, I can't help but feel grateful for his unwavering support and love.

"Thank you," I whisper, my voice barely above a whisper as I reach out to take his hand in mine. "For everything."

Zade smiles softly, his eyes shimmering with emotion as he pulls me into his arms. "Always, Elena," he murmurs, pressing a tender kiss to my forehead. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

As I soak in the warm bath, I let the tension melt away, allowing myself to relax into the comforting embrace of the water. Zade's words echo in my mind, reassuring me that I'm not alone in this, that he'll always be there to support me no matter what.

When I emerge from the bath, feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, Zade is there waiting for me with a soft towel and a warm smile. He wraps me in his arms, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead.

"You're amazing, Elena," he murmurs, his voice filled with love and admiration. "Never forget that." 

And as we snuggle together beneath the freshly changed sheets, I know in my heart that I'm truly blessed to have him by my side, through thick and thin, in sickness and in health.

I look up to see Zade smiling at me and I say "I'm hungry."

"Well, My Love, would you like me to make something for you? I could make French toast, your favorite." He offers and I smile. I ask him how he knows my favorite breakfast and he says "I noticed you really liked the French toast on the day before your birthday." I giggle and I tell him that a French toast sounds good.