𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

ELENA

I punch Christopher in the arm after stating that I am certainly not adopted. I hear footsteps from behind and see Atlas walking back to the breakfast table. I hear a buzz on my phone and look down to see my best friends, Summer and Olivia's messages on our group chat. I excuse myself and leave to my bedroom. I open my phone once again and start messaging them.

Summer: Hiiiiii, I'm bored

Olivia: heyy lolll me too. Elena, are you enjoying Italy, with those incredibly hot men?

Me: Morning and neither of them is sooo hot

Summer: yeah? What about your brother Andrew?? He's probably hotter than the sun.

Me: Ewww my brother is not hot

Olivia: Oh yeahhhh we forgot that you're interested with that Zade dude who I'm dying to meet

Summer: Oh my god yeahhh

Me: Shut up! He's soooo quiet

Summer: He's introverted and you're extroverted. Opposites attract!!!

Olivia: Zade and Elena sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love. Then, comes marriage then comes a baby in the carriage!

Summer: Ooooooh

Me: How old are you guys? seven?

And with that I shut my tab and go to Spotify to play Lana Del Rey. I start to read the fourth book of the series From Blood and Ash - The War of Two Queens. It takes me two knocks to stop reading and answer the door with a "Come in!"

My oldest brother, Alexander twists the doorknob and walks towards me while closing the door behind him "Hey, What's up?" I ask while making space on my bed for him to sit. 

"Nothing much. I'm just worried, Elle" He says softly while sitting on the edge of my bed, near me. 

"Why? To see Mom and Dad's letter for me and find out I'm adopted?" I ask sarcastically.

 He laughs a small, sad laugh "No. You're just growing up so quickly, Elle. Hell, you're turning eighteen in five days. I'm scared if you make the wrong decisions in the future"

 "like how you made the wrong decision while riding a motor bike, without license?" I ask. 

"Yeah kinda like that" He replies. 

"Look, Alex, I won't make the wrong decisions and even if I do, I'll go back to being the spoiled little princess who's four older brothers will clean her mess up, again" I state while chuckling. 

"Yeah, you're right. I, I mean we will always be there to clean your mess up" he says while pulling me into a warm hug.

 "So, you and Zade, huh?" he asks as he lifts his eyebrows while smiling. 

 "What? No! ew ew ew ew ughhh that's so disgusting!" I say defending myself, instantly turning red "What makes you think that?" I add. 

"Well, um. I've seen you two walk outside in the gardens last night. You guys were literally right out the tiny window near the west-wing living room" he replies. 

"I didn't even have an intention to walk with him. I was walking alone until he randomly came and scared the shit out of me!" I explained. 

"Uh-huh sure" He says while smirking. 

"Oh my god, seriously stop! you're the worst" I roll my eyes while laughing.

 "Anyways, we, as in all of us, kids are going out to the beach at 12pm sharp cause why not? And you want to join us? Just saying, don't get excited, Zade doesn't want to join us." He asks.

 "Yeah sure I'll be there" I say.

ZADE

I finally finished all my paperwork for the house that I will be buying in Chicago in two weeks and I will be moving there in one month because well, I am nineteen years old and as the next mafia king, it is embarrassing to live under a roof that does not belong to me at this age. As I walk downstairs, I see the boys, each in linen outfits, looking like they're waiting for someone.

Alexander is wearing a dark blue T-shirt and he unbuttoned the first two buttons with white linen pants, a Rolex watch and some dark shades.

 Christopher is wearing an unbuttoned beige linen shirt that exposes his bare torso, with that, he wears matching shorts.

 Andrew is wearing a dark, sea-green knitted tank with baggy linen, white pants. 

Jeremiah is wearing a white full-sleeved linen shirt, which is halfway unbuttoned, that is tucked in brown pants and my brother, Atlas is wearing a beige shirt with tiny palm trees printed on it, which, again, is completely unbuttoned. 

I spot Elena getting out of her room. They were waiting for her. Of course,they were. She is wearing a shirt that is made from a sheer or a translucent fabric, allowing her skin or her undergarments to be partially visible underneath. The color white gives it a clean and classic look. The cropped length indicates that it ends above her waist, typically showcasing a portion of the midriff. The shirt has sleeves that are voluminous and puffy, resembling the shape of a balloon, it starts at her upper arm. She wears matching pants that are made from linen, a breathable and lightweight fabric ideal for the current warm weather. The color white continues the theme of cleanliness and freshness. The pants are long, grazing the tops of her wedges shoes. She looks entirely breath taking. She wears few accessories like shades, a cotton headband and bracelets.

I don't feel like going talking to either my brother or Elena's right now, so I walk back in my room.