CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

( TW: this chapter contains brutal violence and some gore, as well as implied threatened s*xual ass*ult; there's also descriptions of bodily harm towards the end of the chapter so proceed with caution )

Five Hours Later
June 19th, 2005
1:34 A.M.
Sidney's POV

"I'm gonna fucking kill him!" she whispered harshly as she buried her face in her hands, her fingertips tracing over the small bandage on her temple. "That rat bastard!"

"Sidney!" Mary Jane lightly scolded. "You know you can't do that... he would overpower you in a matter of moments. There's no point in trying that... he could kill you."

"And?" said Sidney as she stared at the redhead with raised eyebrows. "That wouldn't matter. He almost got Christina, and all that matters to me now is that he pays for that. I want to kill him, M.J... Don't you understand that?!"

"Yes, I do," the older woman responded with a deep sigh. "But, Sid... your mind is not in the right place at the moment. I understand how you feel but all this anger won't do any good. In fact... it might make things worse in the long run."

"I don't care," the brunette snarled at her, narrowing her eyes.

"I think you do..." said Mary Jane.

Sidney just shook her head as she balled her hands into fists, digging her teeth into her knuckles as she tried taking deep breaths. She closed her eyes and focused on the beating of her heart to make an attempt at staying calm, but she knew it wouldn't work too well no matter how hard she tried. She was becoming utterly fed up with all of this bullshit and to think this was all over Peter Parker being the photographer of Spider-Man, who did not fucking kill Norman Osborn, for crying out loud! And, because she and Christina were connected to Peter, Harry had to come and threaten their lives as a result.

Just wonderful, she sarcastically thought, pinching the bridge of her nose.

All she could remember from earlier was contacting the police to warn them of what was going on and then going back to where Christina was in the kitchen... only to feel a hand clamped over her mouth as she was dragged back into her bedroom, her muffled screams doing no good as a brief but searing pain in her head dipped her into unconsciousness.

Her head still ached despite not needing any stitches – it was just a tiny gash, after all; it seemed that Harry made an extra effort to not hurt her too badly – and she wanted to tear her hair out from how much it hurt. But that wasn't as important as the situation at hand.

The doctor had come out to tell her and Mary Jane that Christina would be absolutely fine and the injuries weren't as fatal as they had all thought. The stab wound in her ribcage had just barely missed her liver, only getting her stomach a little bit so it was just a moderate injury. In fact, she would be fine to go home in the next day or so, much to their relief. After all, it wasn't the worst the blonde woman had been through in terms of life-threatening injuries.