CHAPTER TEN

One Month LaterJuly 23rd, 2002

One Month Later
July 23rd, 2002

Christina stepped out of the back right door of the limousine that had picked her up from her house, staring around herself with an amazed expression in her blue eyes. She adjusted her long black formal dress as she cleared her throat, glancing at Harry with a small smile. "Impressive," she mumbled semi-proudly before a smirk grew on her lips. "Now, where's all this money you have and where can I steal it?"

Harry jokingly rolled his eyes as a chuckle left him, shaking his head lightly. "You wish," he replied playfully. "Besides, what would you need all that money for, anyway?"

"Uh, hello?" Christina said as she looked at her best friend with wide eyes. "My apartment, bills, gas for my car, all that shit. How about that?"

"But you have a scholarship!" Harry exclaimed as he dramatically threw his hands into the air. "You got it right before graduation!"

"Barely," Christina pointed out with a smile, sighing softly. "And you're lucky I got it as well, or I would be robbing you for all that cash you have!"

"Very funny," Harry mumbled sarcastically as he turned towards where he had just gotten out of the car, all while Christina just laughed at him.

"Eh, it was pretty funny," she murmured to herself teasingly as she placed her hands on her hips.

The blonde then turned back around to stare at where she was: Times Square, and it was more beautiful than ever before; she figured it had something to do with all of the festival balloons and decorations hanging from some of the surrounding buildings. She noticed that there were already a few hundred people gathering around the stage for the event that they were all attending. Luckily for herself, Christina wouldn't have to be smothered by lots and lots of people because she was going to the tenth floor balcony of a very antique building nearly right in the middle of the popular city gathering.

The World Unity Festival; it was the third annual of its kind that Oscorp Industries was running, according to Harry, but he didn't know anything else about it. To Christina, it felt more like the annual New Year's celebrations that Times Square would hold all the time. She never personally went to them, since she much preferred staying home and watching it on the television in hers and Margaret's living room. So seeing the heart of the city up close was a rarity for the blonde nowadays.

"I swear, you two argue 24/7," a female voice mumbled from behind Christina, and the young woman chuckled as she turned to face the source of the voice.

Mary Jane was standing next to Harry as she adjusted her red dress with colorful floral printing scattered over the sleek material of the gown, along with a brighter crimson shawl to go around her arms where the elbows were and faded pink heels. Her short auburn hair was held up by a big enough hair clip to gather it all, and she had the slightest hint of makeup on, such as mascara and clear lip gloss to enhance her facial features.