CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

November 30th, 20021:34 A

November 30th, 2002
1:34 A.M.

"FUCK! FUCK! DAMN IT!!!" Christina bellowed at the top of her lungs as she swung her baseball bat at various things around her apartment, sobbing even more hysterically as she screamed furiously. She could hear several dishes breaking and she could have hardly cared less, especially when she shattered the rest of the window that her monster had destroyed. She would have to pay for all of the damage later but, for now, she didn't really care; she just wanted to get her rage and grief out. She had just lost her mother, after all, and all she wanted was to die. Either that or destroy everything she owned.

"SON OF A FUCKING BITCH!" she shrieked as she finally grew exhausted and flung the bat to the floor, completely out of breath as she collapsed to the floor; her chest was heaving as she continued to cry uncontrollably, hugging her knees to her chest and trembling all over.

She couldn't believe what she was going through at the moment, as it was something she still wasn't able to understand. Why the fuck had the Green Goblin chosen to kill her own damn mother? Why couldn't he just kill her?!

It should've been me... she thought. Not her....

"There's more stuff around here you can break..." Peter muttered weakly from the couch he was sitting on, subtly encouraging Christina to get her fury out.

"What am I gonna do...?" Christina whimpered in a broken tone, her voice cracking. "She's gone... And I didn't even know... I wasn't able to do anything..."

"That isn't your fault," Peter said as he looked over at the blonde with a sad expression in his eyes.

"That doesn't change the fact that she's fucking dead, Peter!" Christina snapped at him, tears covering her face and blurring her vision. "I should have realized something was wrong when she wouldn't answer the phone. I should have gone over to her house to see what was wrong..."

"Yeah, but then you would have found her like that," Peter pointed out. "You didn't deserve to find her in that state, Chris. I'm so sorry this happened to you..."

Christina didn't have the energy to argue with Peter and she just looked down, unable to move from where she was sitting on the floor. "What's the point...?" she mumbled, sighing shakily. "It shouldn't have been Mom... I-It should've been me...."

Peter instantly shook his head and got up from the sofa, briskly walking over to Christina and sitting down next to her. "No, no..." he murmured, putting his arms around her and holding her close. "Don't say that. You're starting to sound like me when I lost Uncle Ben. Please don't blame yourself. If you do, you'll send yourself into a frenzy and that's not good for you."