Chapter 25: The Basics of Mana

That was. . . magic, right?

"Ulitin mo, Aeriah. Sa pagkakataong 'to, mas igihan mo ang tuon mo sa paligid. You need to master controlling it."

When I closed my eyes, everything around me seemed to have slowed down. Parang nag e-echo nalang din sa pandinig ko ang boses ni Raflyn habang nakatuon ang diwa ko sa kapaligiran.

I stood in the quiet stillness of the forest, listening to the leaves whispering secrets and branches swaying gently in the breeze. I felt a tingling sensation ripple through me. It was as if the very air around me crackled with an energy I couldn't quite grasp. My heart raced with anticipation, and my palms grew clammy with nervousness.

I tightened my senses, trying to steady my breathing, but the sensation only intensified. It was then that I felt it. A surge of power coursing through my veins, a power unlike anything I had ever experienced before. Without fully understanding what was happening, I lifted my hands, palms facing outward, and whispered a word that seemed to come from somewhere deep within me.

This energy. . .

Channel it. Form it. Feel it, that tingling sensation when you're touching mana.

And then it happened.

A flicker of light danced at my fingertips, growing brighter and more vibrant with each passing moment until it formed into a delicate orb of shimmering energy. I watched in awe as it hovered before me, casting an ethereal glow that illuminated the darkness of the forest around me.

But even as I marveled at the magic I had somehow conjured, doubt crept into my mind like a shadow, whispering that this couldn't possibly be real. I reached out tentatively, expecting the light to dissipate at my touch, but to my astonishment, it remained, pulsing gently as if in response to my curiosity.

"It's pure," I whispered, my words filled with awe, as if speaking of a mystical revelation, still in a state of disbelief.

I just couldn't believe it. I, out of all people, wielding magic as if it were second nature. It felt like a dream, surreal and impossible, yet undeniably real.

"Remarkable," Raflyn exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with pride as she clasped her hands together. "You summoned magic without the aid of Hellreaver, relying solely on the mana surrounding you."

I blinked, still trying to comprehend the enormity of what had just transpired. "I-I did?" My voice wavered with disbelief.

Raflyn nodded, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Indeed, Aeriah. You tapped into the natural energies of the world, harnessing them to weave your own magic. It's a fundamental skill that not everyone can have a chance to learn. At walang kahirap-hirap mo iyong nagawa."

I glanced back at the shimmering orb of light still floating before me, feeling a swell of pride mingled with uncertainty. "But. . . how? I've never done anything like this before."

"You have a natural affinity for magic, Aeriah, and no. You have done this before," Raflyn explained gently, her tone reassuring. "With guidance and practice, you'll learn to control and master your abilities. Alam kong mahirap talaga paniwalaan ang lahat ng nangyayari ngayon, but trust me. Iniwan ka sa'kin ni Quilya for a reason. I'm sure of that."

Raflyn's words struck me like a bolt of lightning, jolting me out of my reverie. Her explanation stirred a whirlwind of emotions within me. A mixture of hope, apprehension, and a sense of fear all vying for dominance in my mind.

It's not just magic that I'm trying to learn. Everything. Every fiber of my being. And I've barely even scratched the surface.

"Larvagnne entrusted you with a mission," Raflyn emphasized, her voice concerned. "He believes I possess the ability to stabilize the artifact's power to align with your current state, as well as the responsibility of helping you remember your lost memories."