Season 1 Chapter 31: Jellal

Start from the beginning

Goku : The fish too?

Juvia : Something's not right here.

Gray : This debris... It's a Fiore military ship!

Lucy : I got a bad feeling about this...

Natsu : Hey. Look...

Everyone looks to where Natsu was looking and sees that there was a large tower a few meters away from where they were.

Lucy : *shocked* Th-That's

Lucy : *shocked* Th-That's... the Tower of Heaven?!

Juvia raises her hand in the air and summons a magic circle as she activates one of her spells, Water Dome, and surrounds the boat with a dome created by water.

Juvia : We can make landfall using this as camouflage.

Lucy : W-Wow!

===========================================================================================

Meanwhile, Erza, who had been brought into the Tower of Heaven, was currently standing in a cell and restrained as her childhood friend, Sho, was standing in front of her.

Sho : The ceremony will take place tonight. You can stay here until then, Sister.

Erza : ( Ceremony? Are they going to activate the R-System?! )

Sho : Sorry it has to be this way, but it's what you get for betraying us. Jellal is angry. Still, you should feel honored. You're going to be the living sacrifice for the ceremony. I guess I'll never get to see you again. Even so, it's all for heaven...

Sho takes a look at Erza's hands and sees that they were trembling as he thought it was because she was scared of being sacrificed or her memories.

Sho : You're trembling. Are you afraid of being sacrificed? Or is it because of where we are?

==============================================================================================

[ Flash Back ]

A few years ago when Erza was enslaved inside of the Tower of Heaven, she and her friends tried to escape and flee the tower. However, they were caught by the cultists as there were three monstrous dogs barking at them as the children were cowering fear.

Cult Member #1 : Thought you could get away that easy, you brats?! Despite the fact we need to complete the R-System as soon as possible?!

Cult Member #2 : Hold on, now. We can't have any more construction delays. Normally, we'd send all of you to the room, but... Who came up with the escape plan? I'll just take them. Pretty nice of us, wouldn't you say?

Cult Member #1 : Speak up! Whose idea what is?!

Erza then glances over at Sho who had loads of tears streaming down his face as she knew that he couldn't take the punishment and decided to speak up for him instead.