24 - Time To Heal..

“Kookie?”

“Hmm.. yes, hyung?”

“Where are we going?”

Jungkook didn't answer and just stared off into the distance while they rode their horses at a very slow pace. That's what they had been doing for the last hour or so. Jimin waited patiently, as he knew Jungkook had a lot of things on his mind. But when it looked like they were just wandering aimlessly, he couldn't help but ask. He wasn't sure whether Jungkook even knew which direction they were going.

“Kookie?”

“Yes-” Jungkook turned his head to give an apologetic smile to Jimin. “Sorry, Hyung. I'm just thinking.”

“Well, let me in on your thoughts too. Maybe I can help. They do say that two heads are better than one.”

Jungkook chuckled lightly. “You're helping more than enough by just being by my side. Let me take this one on my own okay?”

“Sure. Just know that hyung is here, whatever you decide to do.”

“I know.”

They rode for about half an hour more, before Jungkook spoke up again. “Where did you get the horses?”

“From a government officer in the next village. The owner of the house I'm staying in got them for me.”

“Ahh.. where do you stay? I never asked.”

“I'm staying at the local blacksmith's house. He has been kind enough to rent me a room.”

Jungkook was hesitant to ask the next question. “Is it close to Taehyung's house?”

“Not that much. It's towards the east side of the village.”

“Oh.. closer to Dr Kim's place then?”

“Yeah, you can say that.”

Jungkook was deep in thoughts for a few more minutes and Jimin didn't interrupt him either.

“Would the blacksmith let me stay the night too? I feel like resting a bit.”

“Of course, he would. It won't be a problem at all. He's a… friendly guy.”

If Jungkook found the small pause suspicious, he didn't voice it. “Okay. Let's go there. You can return the horses as well.”

“Okay.”

“Lead the way, hyung.”

Jimin nodded his head before prompting his horse to go forward, and Jungkook followed. They were in the general direction of the village, just not in the direct path leading to it. So it didn't take them long to reach their destination.

Jimin tied the horses to a tree in front of the house, before walking a little ahead of the path, where the blacksmith's workshop was located. It was not a big place, but a well kept one. Jimin had to call the owner a few times, for the said owner to come out of his little hut.

“Jimin. I wasn't expecting you till evening.”

“My work finished sooner than I hoped, Min Yoongi-ssi.”

The smile Min Yoongi had on his face dropped slightly. It was so subtle that Jimin didn't even notice. “I told you it's fine to call me Yoongi.”

Jimin didn't answer and merely smiled. Then he gestured to Jungkook to come forward, and that's when Yoongi's gaze fell on the person standing behind Jimin, whom he didn't notice before because his attention solely focused on his tenant.

“This is Do Hwan. I was hoping he could stay the night here. He is.. a friend.”

A strange emotion passed through Min Yoongi's face, but he masked it quickly. “Sure, I can clear up the storeroom-”