21 - Overstayed Welcome..

Next day morning, Jungkook was out of the room even before Taehyung had woken up. Taehyung had anyway been late to wake up, since he had fallen asleep in the early morning only. He was getting out of the house, when he heard two people talking, whom he recognised as his sister and her best friend, Dahyun.

“I punctured his medicine pouch.” Seolhee was giggling. “He spent days making that powder. Idiot! By the time he gets to the doctor, it will be all gone.”

“Oh you are so evil.” Another laughter. “Poor guy.”

“Serves him right! How dare he come here and force himself into my brother's life like this?! Shameless.”

“But I thought they were friends.” It wasn't hard for Taehyung to recognize the bitterness in Dahyun's voice, even without seeing the expression on her face. “Wasn't it your brother who brought him here?”

“Oh no, don't misunderstand, Dahyunie.” Seolhee was quick to reassure her friend. “Oppa hates him. He even asked that leach to go away but of course, he started crying and begging, saying he doesn't have anywhere to go. I heard them with my own ears.”

“Is that so? If that's the case, maybe I should ask my brother to help Taehyung Oppa.”

“Really? Would you do that? That'll be a real help, Dahyunie.”

“But are you sure Taehyung Oppa wouldn't mind? I don't want to get scolded by him.”

“Of course not! He'd be happy for your help. Trust me.”

Taehyung swiftly moved away, when he heard the two girls coming closer. He had heard enough as it is. He knew he should have said something, corrected Seolhee's misunderstanding, but he just didn't know what to say. He had no idea that Seolhee heard his and Jungkook's conversation but it was true that Taehyung asked Jungkook to leave and Jungkook replied saying he had nowhere else to go. So technically, Seolhee wasn't lying.

And after all, getting Jungkook to voluntarily leave the house is exactly what Taehyung wanted to do too.

_______________________________

Jungkook was walking back from delivering the last of doctor Kim's medicine packs, when a bunch of men blocked his road. At first, he thought they were just a random lot and he tried to walk around them but one of them grabbed Jungkook by his shoulders and pushed him back. Jungkook stumbled a few steps back, before he looked up at the crowd carefully. All of them were strangers to him.

“Where are you off to in such a hurry?” One of the men asked in a mocking voice. “Let's chat for a second.”

“If you're looking for some easy money, you've got the wrong man. I don't have any.”

“We don't want your money, fool.”

“Then? What do you want?”

“We heard that you've been overstaying your welcome at Kim's place.”

That made Jungkook instantly cautious. “Excuse me?”

“You heard us. You're not welcome in that place anymore. It would be in your best interest to leave as soon as possible.”

Jungkook took a few seconds to quickly assess the situation. “And if I didn't?”

The group of men laughed loudly, as if Jungkook had cracked a big joke.

“If you didn't?” One of the men walked closer to Jungkook and leaned over his face. “Then we will make you.”

It was Jungkook's turn to laugh now. He laughed merrily for about a minute, while the group watched with rather confused eyes. It was apparent that this was not the response they were anticipating.