07 - Prettier Than A Scenery.

"Slow down, your highness!"

Jungkook heard it, yes, but being the impatient man he is, he had no plans to listen. He wasn't late, and he would rather be there early and wait for Taehyung, than make the latter wait for him.

Jimin on the other hand, was trying to catch up with the prince, before the younger rode out of the palace grounds. It's not like there will be any threat to the prince's life within the palace limits, but Jimin doesn't want to take chances.

He caught up with Jungkook easily, mainly because Jungkook wasn't making the horse go at full speed. If he did, Jimin would have to really struggle because prince Jungkook is the best rider Jimin had so far seen.

They reached the market place, well ahead of the agreed time. Jimin was a little shocked to see Jungkook fidgeting with the hem of his hanbok, as he had never known the prince to be cautious or nervous about anything.

"Are you okay, Kookie?" Jimin asked in a soft voice, making the prince give a soft smile.

"I'm fine, hyung." Jungkook said as he looked around a bit to see if Taehyung was here. "You should go now."

"Go?" Jimin asked in a confused way. "Go where?"

Jungkook was silent for a few seconds, before a frown came onto his face. "Oh God! Don't tell me you're planning to stay with us!"

"Of course I'm staying with you! Where else should I be?!"

"But hyung, I can't take care of myself and anyway Taehyung-"

"No."

Jimin looked at Jungkook's pouting face and willed himself to not fall for it. Regardless of the way two of them behave like friends outside the palace, Jimin takes his job very seriously. The Prince's safety is his top priority.

"Please.." Jungkook pleaded one more time, unleashing the full power of his doe eyes.

"Nope, not gonna happen." Jimin said through gritted teeth. "We are anyway taking a huge risk by coming here like this. No way in hell I'll let you out of my sight!"

"Okay." Jungkook sighed and gave up. He knew that when it comes to his safety, Jimin is absolutely unyielding. "Just.. just don't stay in hearing distance."

"Oh trust me, Kookie, listening to your sweet talks is not something I particularly fancy either."

It only took about 10 more minutes for Taehyung to come. He had his blank canvases under one arm and his paint equipment bag over the other shoulder.

"Hello." Taehyung said as he walked up to Jungkook. "Did you wait long?"

"No, only a few moments."

"I brought my painting things too, I hope you won't mind."

Taehyung looked a bit worried so Jungkook rushed to assure him. "Not at all. I would love to see you paint."

Taehyung looked back at Jimin, who was standing a few feet away from them. He could see that the latter was trying hard to not look at them.

"Uhh... why is your companion standing so far away? He will come with us too, right?"

Jungkook gave an apologetic smile at that. "Ah.. yes. Jimin hyung will come with us too."

Taehyung started to walk and Jungkook followed, with Jimin following after a second of pause. They decided to leave the horses, mainly because Taehyung didn't have one and also, sightseeing is best done on foot.

Taehyung guided them to many pretty places around the marketplace and in the village. Jungkook listened to everything the elder said, with his eyes wide with childish wonder.

Finally they reached the same riverbank that Jungkook usually goes to. Taehyung sat down under the shade of a huge tree, gesturing to Jungkook to do the same.

"We should rest a bit." Taehyung said in a soft voice and Jungkook nodded his head in agreement. "I wanna paint something."

"Sure. I'm kind of tired too."

Jungkook laid down with some space between them and looked up at the leaves of the tree. It was so big and full, Jungkook couldn't even see the sky through it.

After a few seconds of pause, Taehyung pulled his stuff out and started to draw the river bank. But his attention kept on going back to Jungkook, who had his eyes closed and a hint of a peaceful smile.

It took about one hour for Taehyung to finish the drawing. When he looked at it properly, he felt strangely mortified. Because instead of the riverbank and the surrounding area that he was supposed to paint, two thirds of the canvas was filled with the angel-like sleeping figure.

Taehyung didn't know why he did that. Guess the artist in him just noticed something far more beautiful than the river. Still, he shouldn't have done it without asking Jungkook's permission first. He didn't want to make the man uncomfortable, so he quickly packed away his stuff.

Jungkook woke up at the rustling sound and got up from the ground. "Done?"

"Yeah. I think we should call it a day."

"Oh."

For a second, Taehyung thought he saw something like disappointment in the other's eyes, but it was gone in the next moment. The walk back was silent.

"So this is pretty much everything that's worth seeing in here" Taehyung stopped by the road with Jungkook, while Jimin went to get their horses.

Jungkook tried to think about another excuse to meet up again but he couldn't come up with any. And he was not confident enough to directly ask the elder for a date.

Jungkook thanked Taehyung, before mounting up on to his horse. They parted their way. Jungkook was silent the whole way back to the palace.

He couldn't see a way for him to meet Taehyung again, but that doesn't mean he won't try.