12 - This Is What I Deserve For The Mistakes I Made..

“My prince,” Jimin's voice had an unmistakable pleading in it. “This is the 3rd day you're asking your tutor to be turned away. I don't think I can keep him from tattling to his majesty this time.”

Jungkook slowly lifted his head up from where it was buried under bed covers. It took all of Jimin's willpower to stop himself from reacting as he looked at the reddened eyes of the prince.

Guess it was another sleepless night.

“Can't you threaten him?” Even the voice of the prince sounded hoarse. “You're a very scary man, when you want to be.”

“You really don't care much for my life, do you? Threatening the high scholar of the Lim family will surely be a quick way to lead me to my death.”

Jungkook sighed. Yes, he knows that he can't avoid his teachers for much longer. But he really doesn't have the mindset to learn about literature or philosophy right now. All he wanted to do was to sleep, but the nights have not been kind to him lately.

Ever since his last encounter with Taehyung, which was roughly about 2 weeks ago, Jungkook had been in a constant war with his mind and heart. And neither had been kind to him. Jungkook blamed himself for misleading Taehyung, making the elder think that there could be anything more than simple friendship between them.

Guilty for keeping his identity from the painter. It was no secret that they were getting closer. Jungkook should have stopped it. He should have put some distance, some boundaries between them.

He should not have let his heart make decisions.

After another minute or so with his depressing thoughts, Jungkook got up from the bed. Jimin quickly called the maids to prepare the prince's bath. Once he was done, Jimin helped the prince dress, as well as apply some ground rice powder to hide the dark circles under his eyes. They were getting more prominent by the day.

The prince was supposed to eat before his lessons, but Jungkook refused, saying he feels like his stomach would not accept anything right now. Even the tearful pleading of his maids were not able to convince Jungkook to take a bite.

The lessons passed in a blur. If he had to recite what he learned today, he would not be able to. His mind was far away from the palace. To be precise, It was at a modest house on top of a hill in a rural village.

And a beautiful boxy smile..

______________________________

“Where is prince Jungkook?”

Crown prince Junghyun turned his head towards the king at that whispered question.

“Jungkook wasn't feeling that well, father.” Junghyun answered equally quietly. “He is resting in his chamber.”

“Hmm… he's been sick a lot lately. What did the royal physician say?”

Junghyun gulped nervously. To tell the truth, he did have a conversation with the royal physician. Junghyun had been increasingly worried about his younger brother, as Jungkook refused to come out of his bed chambers almost entirely now. He didn't play his gayageum or visit the stables in days. His merry laughter hasn't been heard in so many days and it had made the palace and its inhabitants gloomy.

When the crown prince questioned the royal physician about his brother's condition, he only got a vague answer. As far as medically concerned, Jungkook was fine. Maybe a little weak due to not eating properly. After the royal physician prescribed sleeping medicine, Jungkook's sleeping troubles were reduced. He still spends a considerable amount of time tossing and turning on the bed, but now he's able to close his eyes for at least a few hours a day.