10 - Nothing Good Will Come Out Of This..

“I was waiting for you last week.”

Jungkook looked up from the trail he was following, to see Taehyung looking over his shoulder.

He shrugged. “My apologies, I had some.. family matters to attend to.”

Taehyung nodded his head. “No need to apologize. Jimin already explained. It's just that..”

“Just that?”

“Nothing.” Taehyung looked kind of bashful, before he turned around. “Please excuse my mumbling.”

Jungkook took a few quick steps and slightly held onto the elder's hanbok sleeve. “Whatever it is, please tell me.”

Taehyung looked conflicted for a few seconds, before answering in a barely audible voice. “I... uhhh... missed you.

Whatever Jungkook was imagining, it was not this. He blushed to a deep red, before turning his face away from the elder.

They walked silently for about an half an hour more. Jimin was following them, but with a little gap. He didn't want to listen to whatever the duo was talking about. For one, he didn't get paid enough to be a third wheel to that extent. And for another, Jimin wished to be as clueless as possible when it comes to the prince's affairs. The less he knew, the less he needed to hide from the king.

“We are here.”

Jungkook let out a little gasp when he saw the sight in front of him. A beautiful stream hidden deep in the forest. It looked even more beautiful than the paintings hanging over palace walls.

It's so beautiful.” Jungkook's voice sounded dreamy, as his eyes shone with amazement.

Taehyung chuckled. “Knew you would like it.”

“I love it.” Jungkook turned towards Taehyung. “Do you come here often?”

“Hmmm.. whenever I want to clear my head. As you saw, it's a bit of a walk to get here. It's a good place to think.”

Jungkook hummed in acknowledgement. It indeed was a good place to think. Or not think about anything. Jungkook's mind was filled with the beauty of this place, there wasn't enough space for anything else.

“Come.” Taehyung extended his hand in an invitation. “There is something else I wanted to show you.”

Jungkook looked at the hand for a few seconds, before gently placing his own hand over it. Taehyung held the younger's hand softly, but securely.

The elder walked to the edge of the stream, before stepping on to a large rock. He then placed his foot on another rock. Soon, both of them were walking over the rocks. Taehyung was guiding the other towards the middle of the steam.

“Okay.” Taehyung said as he stopped walking and released Jungkook's hand. “Now turn towards the stream.”

Jungkook did as he was told, and his mouth opened slightly at the scene he was witnessing. The view up the stream, surrounded by the lush green, could only be described as magical.

Gods..” Jungkook whispered, utterly mesmerized by what he was seeing.

Taehyung watched the pure amazement in the other's face, and felt a tiny pull in his heart. He wanted this shine to remain in Jungkook's eyes forever.

After a few minutes of admiring the view, they turned to go back to the stream bank. Jungkook was walking in front this time, Taehyung closely following. Jimin was waiting for them in the shade of the trees, little away from the duo but within eyesight.

Suddenly, the rock Jungkook stepped on wobbled a bit and he slipped. He failed to find his footing again and started to sway towards the water. From the corner of his eye, he could see Jimin sprinting towards him but before the latter could even reach the waterline, a hand sneaked around Jungkook's waist and he was pulled against a warm chest.

Careful!” A voice, filled with worry and urgency, sounded near Jungkook's ear.

A warm breath fanned Jungkook's earlobe, making his toes curl inside his footwear. He could feel his neck and face burning, as well his waist, even though the hand spread over it had layers of clothes stopping it from directly touching his skin.

The sound of splashing water made Jungkook's head snap away from the dream land and he looked to the side. Jimin was standing thigh deep in the water, his arm extended towards the prince for support. Jungkook held that hand, just as Taehyung pulled his own hand away from around the younger one.

Securely holding the prince's hand, Jimin guided him towards the stream bank, with Taehyung closely following. Once they were out of the water, Jungkook looked at Jimin with a worried gaze.

“Hyung.” Jungkook sounded apologetic. “You're all wet.”

“It will dry out soon.” Jimin answered reassuringly. “All's well as long as you're okay.”

Jungkook didn't say anything to that. His heart was still beating a little faster than normal, and he found it difficult to meet Taehyung's eye. Pity.. if only Jungkook had looked at the painter, he would have noticed that the elder was having a flushed face as well.

Taehyung didn't know what was happening to his heart. Well, he did know, but he also knew that he should act upon the emotions that seem to be flowing out of it..

Because the younger might have considered him as a friend, but it was very clear that their worlds were as far as sky and earth.

Both Taehyung and Jungkook were silent on the way back home. Both had too much to think to indulge in any small talk.

Once they reached where they tied up Jungkook and Jimin's horses, Taehyung said his goodbye.

“Well, I hope you liked the scenery today.” Taehyung said with a nervous smile. “Although it took some decent walking.”

“Of course, I loved it.” Jungkook was quick to assure. “I enjoyed the walk too. It wasn't strenuous at all.”

“I'm glad.” Taehyung's genuine smile made Jungkook's lips curve too.

“Well, I should be going then.” Jungkook accepted Jimin's hand when the latter helped him to climb his horse. “I'll see you next week?”

“I'll be waiting.”

Jungkook gave one last smile, before riding off. Jimin tilted his head in a silent farewell, before galloping after the prince.

They slowed down halfway to give a rest to the horses. They weren't in a hurry either.

“My prince?”

Jungkook turned his head towards Jimin at that voice. “Yes?”

“Pardon me for asking. What exactly is happening between you and Taehyung?”

Jungkook didn't answer for a few minutes. He looked at the far away horizon, mind deep in thoughts. “Honestly… I don't know.”

“Nothing good will come out of this matter, my prince. I hope you know that.”

Yes, Jungkook knew that very well. But what can he do? Who has control of their heart?