Won't Live Without Him

Comenzar desde el principio

What is that man's problem with me?

Rolling my eyes, fully prepared to leave the house, go back to my room and second guess every decision I had ever made since leaving home to be with Jackson. When I suddenly decided enough was enough.

If I really wanted a chance to make things work with Jackson, I had to know what his fathers problem was with me. I had to know why he hated me so much? Because this would never work if he really did detest me as much as it seems he does.

"Alpha Liam?" Hesitantly stepping into the room, slowly moving to stand next to him. He grunted, not fully acknowledging me. "I would like to speak with you... Please." pressing the issue, he closed his eyes in irritation, before glancing up at me.

"I figured as much." He quipped sarcastically as he turned off the television and motioned for me to sit.

Choosing one of the matching leather chairs a crossed from him, wanting to face him head on, I lowered myself to sit down. He sighed as he leaned back into the couch, waiting for me to begin.

Gulping nervously, I fisted my hands in my lap. "Why do you hate me?" getting right to the point with him. He raised his eyebrows at me, surprised that I wasn't mincing words with him and was getting straight to the heart of it.

"I don't." he answered simply, giving me an impassive gaze.

"Your actions and comments say other wise." I pointed out, keeping my expression as blank and emotionless as possible. Struggling to keep my emotions in check, even though it felt like my heart was going to burst right through my rib cage.

"Maybe I don't like how your stringing along my son... being here... but not really being with him." he snipped narrowing his accusing gaze on me.

For a moment, a brief moment I had actually bought that thought, almost. Yet, I remembered he was against our mating from the beginning. How he snarled and growled accusingly at my father, believing that Jackson and I's mating was some kind of trick or revenge being played on him and The Blood Moon Pack.

"Maybe... then explain your reaction when we first met and discovered that we were mates... You knew nothing about me then. So why?" retorting as I watched him try to come up with an answer. Deciding that I wasn't going to get a response I kept going, since he had nothing to say in return. "Despite what you think about me... I do care about Jackson. It's just this... whole mate bond is... so... So overwhelming. Then we get here and I had one of his old conquest thrown in my face... I didn't know how to handle the jealousy... the rage, obsession and possessiveness I felt taking control over my body... and the pain... Goddess the pain was unbearable... Your mated, can't you understand?" Pleading for him to see my point as tears started to brim in my eyes. He squirmed uncomfortably in his seat looking uneasy with my show of emotion. "Never mind... forget it." Getting up to leave, feeling defeated.

"Wait." he breathed out as I slowly turned back to face him and hesitantly sat back down. "I do understand."

"So you have felt this way with Charlotte?" hoping to get someone outside of Asher and Meredith's opinion on True mates. He slowly shook his head... No?

"But you said..." Shaking my head, confused on what he meant.

"I know... Charlotte and I aren't True Mates." Wide eyed I stared at him in disbelief, my mouth gaped open in surprise. "I know that's hard to believe... Especially considering how determined she is about wolves finding their True Mate." I nodded my head, agreeing with him. "Alright... I'll let you in on this one secret. I owe that much... and so much more to your mother." he gulped as tears shined in his own eyes.