Madder

(Elena)

Slowly I started to be pulled awake, everything around me was coming back into focus. This room didn't hold the familiar smells of my crappy motel room I had been staying and this bed was way too soft and extremely comfortable to be the same shitty mattress.

Prying my eyes open and blinking a few times, trying to get them to focus as I groggily looked around the room? Yep, definitely not in the motel anymore. Glancing down I saw that I was in a fresh set of clothes, a white tank top and really short, dark blue sleeping shorts.

Sniffing the air, I caught the lingering scent of Jackson in still hanging in the air. Growling in anger, knowing that he was probably the one who changed me, what worried me more was the thought that it actually excited me. Shaking off my bodies instant reaction of lust and desire for him, I bit my lip as I tried to recall what happened last night.

Then everything came flooding back, it was like a dam in my mind broke and it all rushed forward. Asher's betrayal, I was so going to hurt him. Jackson finding me and shooting me, that asshole shot me with a tranquilizer, what a jerk off.

Shooting up into a sitting position, instantly feeling dizzy from whatever was in that tranquilizer dart. Groaning from the throbbing in my head, I rested my head in my hands and tried to push aside the nausea and dizziness.

'Athen are you okay' she simply mumbled incoherently, still coming out of it. I glanced around the room, spotting an open door on the other side, getting up and hesitantly walking slowly through the door to see that it was a conjoined bathroom. On the counter, directly in front of the door was a glass of water sitting next to a aspirin bottle.

I shook my head in confusion, how could he be considerate of my headache after he shot me. He loves us... he just wanted us back Athen purred at his thoughtfulness, finally coming out her stupor after I had thought of Jackson 'Why are you so ridiculous when it come to him?' He's our mate... We love him. 'You do.' scoffing at how quickly she forgave him. I took out a couple of aspirins and washed them down with the still cool water.

You do too... just admit that's what been bothering you since we seen that dirty bitch laying in his bed. 'I don't know what your taking about.' Shrugging. Exactly, that's always your response when you know I'm right. I rolled my eyes choosing to ignore her, hating that she knows me so well. I needed to get out of here. No... please don't do it Elena, it hurts to much to be away from him... Please don't do it. I closed my eyes, hating that I was causing her so much pain and anguish. 'I'm so sorry.' Whispering, I shut her out as I tried to figure out what to do to get out of here.

I stepped out of the bedroom and walked right into a living room/kitchen area, it was a good size probably about the size of Jackson's main room at the pack house. My heart clenched remembering who we found there. Damn it, I hissed as pain shot across my chest. Really getting tired of that.

Looking around at the well furnish room, I spotted multiple pictures of Jackson with his family on a bookshelf next to a wall mounted flatscreen tv. I saw three boys standing with Jackson and a woman around his age, they had all held quite a few similar features, he's twin sister and brothers most likely. They all looked happy, playful and loving with each other. I couldn't help the smile that crept out on my face.

I shook my head, You can't love him Lena, You need have to shut those emotions down. I want him I really do, but I don't think I can control myself the next time I run into one of the little pack whores he's banged. I can't take that kind of pain, not again.

Running my hands over my face, stopping myself from crying as I convinced myself this is what was best for both of us. I looked out the front door and saw the back of an Enforcer standing guard, of course.