Finally!

I will be going back and forth between Elena and Jackson's POV. Some of the information and Events will overlap.

(Jackson)

How did I allow my mother talk to me into coming to another fucking Mate Party? I really don't want to be here, going through the motions again. This will be the eighth party that my mother has insisted that I attend and I have yet to find my one True Mate.

I should have just sent Marcel in my place. Why do I let that woman talk me into these things? I'm the Alpha now, Damn it! She should respect my choice in the matter. Because you love and respect your mother, that's why you let her... Besides you still hold hope for our True Mate as I do. Valk, my wolf stated simply, being the voice of reason this time around.

I know he's right, yet every year is just as fucking disappointing as the last and I'm really getting tired of holding on to this last thread of hope, the one I have yet managed to cut away at. Tired of waiting around for the one that the Goddess has supposedly chosen specifically for me, if she's even chosen someone at all.

That's it after this party, I'm consenting to an arranged marriage. No matter how much my mother argues or disagrees with my decision on it, as long as their accepted and approved of by the pack. I'm tired of waiting for someone the Goddess my never give me.

Patience Jax she's out there... I can feel her 'Then why haven't we found her yet Valk?' snapping at my wolf, feeling edgy and agitated, it was like the climate had shifted and I no longer had the patience to sit idly by, waiting for it to happen on its own.

"Come son, lets go converse with Alpha Charles and the rest of the men in the living room." My father growled in a irritated tone, standing up taller, casting a glare around at the people nearest to him.

Now he on the other hand, definitely did not want to come. Especially since Alpha Charles's pack was selected to host the event this year. Alpha Charles and my father do not care for one another at all, although they don't really have to deal with each other all that often.

I'm not sure why they don't like each other, yet I've always gotten along well with Asher, Charles's son and the one next in line to take over as Alpha to the Crescent Valley Pack.

Hopefully we'll be able to put all this aggression and hostility behind us or whatever it is they hate about each other, especially now that I've officially been made Alpha of our pack, the Blood Moon pack.

"Remember mom said to be nice." chuckling at the memory of my mother's lecture to my father the whole car ride here from the hotel, about being respectful and courteous. Dad had down right refused to stay anywhere close to Charles or his home.

"I'm nice." snarling in a none to convincing tone, remembering the lecture as well.

Laughing at him, knowing that he hates this far more then I do. Mother had forced us all to come, stating that no one, regardless of their stature, should miss out or be denied the chance of finding their other half, their True Mate.

"Where did mom go?" Scanning the room for her, inhaling the scents around us to see if she was nearby. She had taken off into the house as soon as we got here.

"She wanted to find and thank Shelby Walters and meet Charles daughter, Elena." he snipped irritated as we pass by people mingling or making wagers on who was going to find their mate tonight.

Furrowing my brow, recalling Asher saying he had a little sister. Yet I have never meet her, let alone seen her at one of these parties before. Alpha Charles always seemed to keep her close to home and well protected.