Chapter 29 - Stumbline

Notes:

hi everyone. It's angst time >:3
I hope y'all like this one- i can't believe I only have one chapter of fic left after this, which is the epilogue. I hope I did decent job at wrapping some things up in this one, like the whole Edda thing.

Um anyway, I hope yall enjoy:) this one was fun to write!

(See the end of the chapter for .)

It was a warm morning, Paani laid in bed staring at the ceiling.

He had to get ready for him and Kwazii's date out in the desert soon.

Shellington and Peso were going with them, they were going to be hanging around in the oasis and Dashi and Tweak were going to have a meal together at Dashi's childhood home.

Kwazii and Paani held hands as they walked through the sand, Paani was wearing a very old looking white suit, it was probably around 30 years old, Kwazii was wearing a suit that he had repaired with Dashi's help. It used to have holes in it and broken buttons, but now it had different patches of fabric and golden colored buttons.

Shellington and Peso were chilling in the oasis, Shellington was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and his lab coat, he also had on some khaki shorts. He looked like Adam Sandler. Peso was wearing his medic coat and a light blue button up shirt and some blue denim shorts.

As Kwazii and Paani walked, something caught Kwazii's eye.

A snake slivered across the sand, it had a sandy colored body with blackish brown markings.

"Oh look a snake!" Kwazii beamed.

"Kwazii that's a cobra." Paani said.

"Just 'cause it's a cobra doesn't mean I can't befriend it." Kwazii insisted.

"Kwazii. Cobra's are very venomous snakes. You shouldn't fuck around with them." Paani lectured.

Kwazii got closer "Ahoy snakey!" He greeted, letting the cobra inspect his paw.

The cobra bit Kwazii, Paani let out a gasp horror.

"PESO!" Paani shouted desperately, Peso came running with a towel draped over its shoulders, rushing over to Kwazii.

"What happened?" It asked "Kwazii was bitten by a snake." Paani croaked, on the verge of tears.

"I texted Dashi, she said she'd be here in the Octo Ray soon. I'll do what I can for now." He assured, whipping out his medical bag, he began to take care of Kwazii to the best of his ability.

This is all your fault. All your fault. Paani told themself, trying to hold back their tears

•••

Dashi and Tweak sat on the couch, Dashi's older brother Joshi was watching a movie in the other room, and Koshi was reading in her bedroom.

Dashi's Octo-Watch dinged Peso had sent them a message.

Hey Dashi. Please get here soon in the Octo Ray. It's an emergency. Kwazii was bitten by a cobra.

Dashi gasped "Hey Tweak, we gotta go, something bad happened to Kwazii!" Dashi panicked "oh- oh god. What did he do this time?" Tweak questioned.

"They were bitten by a cobra." Dashi frowned, her and Tweak then left after saying goodbye to Dashi's family.

Dashi flew the Octo Ray as fast as it could go.

•••

"Dashi! Oh thank goodness you're here!" Peso exclaimed "can you please fetch me a stretcher?" Peso asked "Already on it Peso!" Dashi said, heading back to the Octo Ray.