Chapter 24 - Oh it's what you do to me~

Notes:

Fun fact: some of this one actually based off a A&B episode!

This one btw. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1wnpJ6lATJE&list=PL7KPUyhIJ2Ga3UqDd7b0myn0ca3DbcCyJ&index=5&pp=iAQB

Also. The fun fact: the title of this chapter is from the song "Hey there Delilah" by The Plain White T's

I love Selva <3 hoping she'll show up a decent amount in this fic. :)
Here's my hc for her :3

Selva : She/Her, genderqueer, sapphic, ace.

ALSO THIS IS THE BIG ASS UPDATE I MENTIONED- ITS 2000 SOMETHING WORDS- and usually these chapters are around 1000 so yeah-
Also really fucking hoping Kosa (kids online safety act) doesn't pass today. Bc if it does I'm fucked.

Also yes, i did specify look up "Hey There Delilah" guitar tabs for this one. I'm also currently trying to figure out the song on my ukulele.

Chapter Text

It'd been a few days since Kwazii and Paani's eventful day in the Amazon.

They hadn't seen each other for a few days.

Kwazii stared out the window in the HQ, Shellington couldn't help but notice.

"Hey Kwazii, is something wrong? You seem a bit... down in the dumps." Shellington asked

"Oh nothin', other then I miss my pancake, Shellington." Kwazii sighed.

"I miss his stupid ass." Kwazii added, taking a sip from his coconut water. "I miss having to stop them from doing stupid shit." Kwazii grumbled.

"You know that their just a call away, right?" Shellington mumbled "I know.. but it just doesn't feel the same..." Kwazii acknowledged.

"You know what?! Fuck this shit. I'm gonna go visit her." Kwazii meowed, running down to the Launch Bay.

Captain Barnacles noticed that Kwazii was in a hurry "why are you in such a hurry?" Captain Barnacles asked "I'm going to go visit my dumbass pancake." Kwazii panted, jumping into the Launch Bay tank "Kwazii... are sure you'll be okay by yourself?" Captain Barnacles questioned "I'll be fine! If anything goes wrong I'll just give you a call!" Kwazii insisted "okay..." Captain Barnacles faltered as he opened the Octo-Hatch.

•••

Paani awoke "what time is it?" He asked himself, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

Paani at his Octo-Watch, it was 1 am.

"Damn it! it was a stupid idea to take a nap at five pm.." Paani remarked "I wonder what Kwazii is doing..." he added, scrolling through him and Kwazii's past messages.

"I miss that dumbass orange cat." She said, then glancing over at her guitar, then picking it up. This reminded her of a song. A song she loved very much.

Paani began playing a d chord, then a f# minor one back and forth.

"Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York city? I'm a thousand miles away, but girl, tonight you look so pretty." Paani began to sing, strumming their guitar

"Yes, you do. Times Square can't shine as bright as you. I swear, it's true" Paani they sang so softly It was almost a whisper, strumming their guitar.

"Hey Delilah, don't about the distance. I'm right here if you get lonely, give this song another close your eyes, listen my voice that's my disguise. I'm by your side" Paani sang, slight louder this time, the strumming also louder.

Paani was glancing over at a photo of him and Kwazii that hung up on the wall. It was from a couple days after they first met when Dashi took a group photo with everyone.