Chapter 8 - sea sick sea otter

TW: poor hygiene, mentions of mucus.
I named this chapter "sea sick sea otter" because I thought it was fitting and that it had a ring to it.

Also..
Before anyone asks, yes the scene where Kwazii calls chamomile tea shamamalay is based off the tiktok video.
And
PROFESSOR INKLING FINALLY MAKES AN APPEARANCE AFTER NOT APPEARING SENSE CHAPTER FIVE YASSS 🕺💃✨🎉

I really enjoy Inkling- I'm surprised he hasn't appeared more in this fic
But here he is now :3

I really enjoy Inkling- I'm surprised he hasn't appeared more in this ficBut here he is now :3

Shellington was laying in bed, he didn't feel to good.

he hadn't been taking good care of himself, he'd been to focused on his research. He hadn't showered in days, and hadn't gotten much sleep, usually staying up till 6 am.

Shellington was sitting at the control center with Dashi, Dashi noticed that Shellington looked... well rough to say the least.

"Shellington, are you okay?" Dashi asked in concerned tone "yeah I'm fine" Shellington replied sounding nasally "are sure about that? You don't sound fine." Dashi said, unconvinced "yeah im definitely fine!" Shellington rasped.

"Okay..." Dashi responded, not buying it, Shellington coughing and sneezing, constantly using the tissue box, Captain Barnacles also noticed.

"Shellington, I think you should take today off and get some rest." Barnacles began "but what about my research!" Shellington frowned "Shellington, it's okay, everyone needs a break sometimes!" Captain Barnacles assured "okay..." Shellington mumbled, getting up from his chair and going to his lab.

Tunip waddled beside Shellington, making typical vegimal noises, "oh hi Tunip" Shellington sniffed, blowing his nose, Tunip's expression went from happiness to sadness. "It's okay Tunip, I'll get through this." Shellington assured as walked inside and crashed on his bed, feeling terrible.

Shellington let out groans as he lied in bed, Tunip glanced inside, a frown appearing on his face. I got to do something!Tunip decided, running to the Med Bay.

Tunip saw Peso putting bandages on the shelf, Tunip tapped Peso on the shoulder, Peso flinched "sorry Tunip, you scared me!" Peso apologized, Tunip looked concerned "what's wrong?" Peso asked, Tunip signaled Peso to follow him, leading to Shellington's lab.

Shellington was coughing and sneezing as he was sitting on the floor "Shellington!" Peso gasped as he ran over to him "I don't feel to good..." Shellington sniffled groggily, grasping the tissue box and blowing his nose.

"I'll go get you some cold medicine and kelp soup, stay here for now" Peso retorted, Shellington gave Peso a thumbs up, looking pathetic.

Peso went to go get some cold pills and a glass of ginger ale, Tunip and the Vegimals followed behind like some ducklings following its parent.

Soon, Peso came back. "Hey Shellington, here's some medicine and ginger ale" Peso offered, placing it on the desk "thank you" Shellington rasped after blowing his nose "no problem!" Peso smiled, "let me know if you need anything!" It added, as it walked away.