Chapter 17: Grape soda

FUCK YEAH BIANCA (I miss her so much- I wish see was a octo agent in canon :( )

I also made a playlist for this AU!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6LzHqeBTlYwPqhpFCVoua9

I made this fluffy intentionally. Cuz uh- next chapter will probably be angsty whoo

Chapter Text

Peso and Shellington awoke from their nice, long slumber. Shellington stretched his legs out and Peso was still snoozing, Shellington gently nudged him, Peso let out a grunt.

They got dressed and went down to the kitchen "last night was crazy. Wasn't it?" Tweak said, trying to start a conversation "oh yeah definitely-" Peso responded, putting some strawberry jam on its kelp cake.

"Yeah. I'm just glad Kwazii is okay-"Shellington agreed with a sigh of relief. "Same here. That whole situation was somethin'" Tweak remarked, nibbling on her carrot.

"Where is Kwazii anyway?" Shellington mumbled, sipping his hot cocoa that had a little to much whipped cream in it "it said it was gonna be goin' somewhere with Paani I think?" Tweak recalled, her memory slightly fuzzy.

Meanwhile Kwazii had woken up at eight thirty am. It went for a swim around the marina, it was going to go get a bite to eat with Paani.

Kwazii lurked below the surface underneath the dock, he felt an emotion he almost never felt fear.

He could hear someone someone walking above him, "oh shit" Kwazii whispered to themself.

"Hello H2O!", Kwazii let out a sigh of relief, it was just Paani.

"Boo!" Kwazii mrrped as launched out of the water in typical mako shark fashion, Paani flinched

"Kwazii! You scared me!" Paani frowned "sorry matey!" Kwazii apologized, Paani handed Kwazii a towel "thanks... but I don't need that... at least not now..." Kwazii said.

Please No Tail.

Kwazii's shark tail disappeared, they used their powers to dry themself off "alrighty, let's go!" Kwazii guided, Paani taking his paw as they walked to the cafe together.

"So what are you gonna order?" Paani asked out of curiosity "pancakes." Kwazii giggled, looking forward to some chocolate chip pancakes drenched in syrup and strawberries.

•••

Pearl made herself some tea, Periwinkle was asleep in his room. She picked up her phone and dialed Bianca's number.

"So you know how I told you about my brother told me he was a fish?" Pearl recalled, sipping her tea dramatically afterwards.

"Yeah" Bianca replied "Well... he wasn't kidding when he said he was fish... when I saw him he had a fish tail and everything. Oh and apparently his boyfriend Peso and his friend Kwazii are fish now to?" Pearl added.

"Shellington confessed to Peso?" Bianca gasped, not even questioning the fish thing. "Yeah. They've been together for bit. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner- it's just we don't talk much" Pearl frowned "it's fine I get it" Bianca assured. "Hopefully we can see each other more when I become a Octoagent" Bianca smiled "same" Pearl smiled back.

"Oh and apparently Kwazii brunt some of Mako Island?" Pearl questioned "Mako Island?! You mean that place in Australia where paranormal things happen? I've seen so many documentaries about that place!" Bianca recalled "yeah well he says that Peso and Kwazii became mermaids there.." Pearl was cut off by Periwinkle running out of his room.

"Hey mom!" Periwinkle said, dragging his blanket on the floor "good morning!" Pearl smiled.

•••

Pearl and Periwinkle went the beach. Periwinkle carried his shovel and pal, Shellington was laying on a beach towel with Peso, who was sleeping while basking in the sun "Uncle Shellington! Uncle Peso!" Periwinkle cheered, running up to Shellington and Peso, Shellington hugged the otter pup in his paws.

"Hi Peri!" Shellington smiled, scratching Periwinkle's little tuft of hair, Periwinkle let out a giggle. Periwinkle reminded Shellington of when he was a wee little lad.

"What are you doing?" Periwinkle asked "oh me and Peso are just chillin" Shellington answered, as he glanced over to the distance where Dashi was surfing and Tweak was admiring from afar.

Periwinkle and Pearl sat beside Shellington and Peso. Periwinkle looked up at Shellington starry eyed as Shellington infodumped on sea creatures.

"Ahoy Mateys!" Kwazii greeted, Paani behind him "hi Kwazii!" Pearl and Shellington greeted back, Periwinkle waved shyly.

"Where did you guys go?" Peso questioned "to a restaurant!" Paani smiled "oh yeah and I spent all the rest of the money in me bank account but we ball!" Kwazii giggled "WHAT-" Paani gasped "you seriously did that?!" They added "mhm" Kwazii hummed, nodding his head, Paani proceeded to face palm "you didn't have to do that!" He insisted.

"No, I had to" Kwazii said "damn Kwaz..." Paani sighed "Anyway how about we go for a swim eh?" Kwazii suggested "yeah!" Pearl agreed, Shellington, Peso and Kwazii rushed to the waves, disappearing into them.

Paani, Pearl and Periwinkle followed them.

Peso and Shellington were dancing together, Peri watched "mom what are they doing?" Peri asked "oh they're just dancing" Pearl answered with a smile on her face, Kwazii and Paani were surfing.

Surprisingly Dashi was able to teach Kwazii how to surf. Paani had taken off their jacket, it was getting a bit too hot for him.

•••

It was about thirty minutes later, they got hungry and stopped for a picnic. Shellington placed the blanket on the sand, wrapped up in his towel. He looked like a pathetic ass cat that had been thrown in a bath tub.

Shellington ate his clam sandwich, Peso ate his kelp cakes, Kwazii shared grape soda with Paani and Pearl and Peri shared a cheese sandwich.

Actions