𝟏𝟏. ( the one where kim nari has duties. )

march, 1998

march, 1998

The next few days had consisted of Lee Heeseung giving Kim Nari more of his homework to do, stating that he was far too busy with Hockey practice to do it, and then ordering her to the rooftop at lunch breaks so that she could 'explain the answers to him' (those sessions ending with Nari becoming annoyed with the boy for not paying attention).

At first, Nari was frustrated with the new routine. She was confused as to why he wanted to spend time with her after the things he'd said to her in the past. She found it bothersome having to listen to his self absorbed comments and she hated lying to her friends, telling them she had to speak to a teacher when in reality, she was meeting up with Insul Highs bad boy.

For only knowing one another for the duration of three weeks, Lee Heeseung sure did know how to get on Kim Nari's last nerves.

He knew which buttons to press when he wanted to see her flustered, and which ones to press when he wanted to see her angry. It was a toxic trait of his, but he didn't care.

Just the mere thought of his pathetic, shit-eating grin that would consume his face whenever Nari's cheeks would burn crimson made the Kim girls skin crawl.

She hated how she always listened to what he said — like when he asked her to sit next to him instead of opposite her on the rooftop because he'd 'learn better' during their third tutoring session, or when she wore a clip with a stem of cherries on in her hair and he told her to wear it more often because 'it went well with her red cheeks', so she did.

She hated the power he had over her, and it seemed that no matter what she said or did, he took it as a joke — one big joke — because he knew she'd be on the rooftop the next day with his work in hand.

Groaning in aggravation, Nari raised her head from her desk as the bell rang throughout the school, indicating the end of the day.

The girls classmates were quick to spring from their seats, yelling in excitement as they collected their belongings to hurry home, but all Nari could do was slump her shoulders as her eyes scanned over the names written across the chalk board at the front of the class.

CLEANING DUTY
Kim Jihoon
Sim Hyejin
Ji Changbin
Hwang Kyungji
Baek Eunju
Kim Nari

Sighing quietly to herself, Nari soon accepted her fate and pushed herself out of her chair, heading over to the corner where the broomsticks were kept before she eventually began sweeping the dust from the floor.

To be completely honest, it wasn't that Nari hated staying after school to clean, it was just the fact that the one and only, Lee Heeseung, had irritated her so much at lunch, that she was well, and truly ready to go home.