𝟎𝟖. ( the one with park minju's party. )

february, 1998

february, 1998

Walking into the party later that evening, it was safe to say that Kim Nari was slightly overwhelmed by the overly loud music that was blasting through the speakers, and the amount of sweaty bodies brushing past one another and the scent of alcohol and weed that filled her nostrils.

"I'll see you later." Kim Bitna informed her, yelling over the music before pushing her way through drunk teenagers.

Of course Nari had been to parties before — tea parties that her mother would set up for her when she was five, and fancy dress ones for her eighth birthday — but never ones as chaotic as this. It was always Bitna who went to these sort of things whilst she stayed home with her head in a book.

To say Nari looked up to her sister would be a huge understatement. The younger Kim wanted nothing more than to fit in with her cooler, older sister.

She'd try pick up her slang, though more often than not, she ended up embarrassing herself.

She'd try out her sisters fashion choices, however the amount of skin the items of clothing would reveal made her feel rather awkward.

So, Nari decided on the next best thing: fitting in with her social life by attending high school parties, where alcohol and rugs were involved.

Usually, when Minju threw one of her many house parties, Nari wouldn't attend, telling her friends that she had homework to do, though, this time was different because not only was Bitna going, but the party was being thrown so that she, Kim Nari, could be distracted from Han Subin — not that he was on her mind, anyway.

And so, clad in her white, ruched peplum blouse, and low-rise, denim jeans, she made her way through the strobe lit home, searching for at least one of her best friends.

"Hey, Kim Nari!" The familiar sound of Lee Wonhee's voice shouting out to her made the anxious bubble in Nari's chest subside and once her eyes met with the slightly taller girl, a smile appeared on her pink painted lips.

"Minju's talking with one of the girls from the Football team, she'll be over soon," Wonhee informed as she linked her arm with Nari's, keeping her close. "Let's get drinks!" She suggested, pulling the quieter girl to the kitchen.

It wasn't long until Nari had poured herself a cup of Root Beer, turning her nose up to the variety of alcohol that Minju had taken from her parents alcohol cupboard, and was now sitting on the sofa in the living room (she'd had a few sleepovers in), nursing the cup in her lap.

She had spent majority of her time with her two best friends, all three of them giggling about random things as Minju and Wonhee tipsily spoke to Nari, complimenting and playing with her hair, whilst trash talking Subin, before they went off to do their own things (Minju leading a game of beer pong, and Wonhee flirting with someone in their grade).