𝟐𝟑. ( the one where he is 'obsessed.' )

april, 1998

april, 1998

"No." Kim Nari shook her head as she looked up at the taller boy before her.

After two weeks of no contact, she was definitely not allowing Lee Heeseung to take her to the Nurses office.

"What?" Heeseung uttered out whilst his brows knitted together in confusion and for a short moment, a glimpse of concern shone in his eyes when they connected with Nari's brown ones.

However, it didn't last long as his eyes quickly became empty again once he glanced over at Jay for a split second, before looking back at Nari again. "What do you mean, 'No.'"

"I mean, No, Heeseung." Nari scoffed out, a horrid cramping pain appearing in her head, which caused a quiet wince to pass through her teeth.

"Come on, Nari." Jay softly instructed, gently tugging her arm so that she could start walking once again.

"So you're going to let him take you?" Heeseung snarled and pointed towards Jay, who rolled his eyes.

Weren't they friends?

Why were they acting so... harsh towards one another?

Huffing and groaning in annoyance, Nari used the sleeve of her hoodie to wipe away a drop of sweat that was rolling down the side of her face and frustratedly glared up at him.

"Yeah, I am," She firmly stated. "Because unlike you, Jay hasn't acted like I don't exist for the past two weeks." Was the last thing she said before pulling her wrist from the boys grasp and heading inside with Jay.

She wasn't going to allow Lee Heeseung to walk all over her.

Once the two eventually made it to the office, the walk consisting of nothing but Jay asking if she was okay or if she needed to sit down for a moment, Nari awkwardly clamped her hands together and looked up at him.

"Jay," She hesitantly began.

"Hm?" He hummed out, instantly noticing her stiffness, which caused his brow to raise in confusion.

"You don't mind if I go in on my own, do you?" Nari nervously asked. She was afraid he'd take it the wrong way and become offended at her (what meant to be) harmless words.

"Of course not," Jay chuckled, smiling widely at the younger girl. "You're cute, Kim Nari," He mindlessly complimented, immediately making the girls cheeks burn crimson and her heartbeat pick up its already fast pace.