𝟎𝟓. ( the one with the innocent virgin. )

february, 1998

february, 1998

"You look so pretty, Nari!" Lee Wonhee complimented, her eyes becoming crescent moons as she smiled widely at her best friend, meanwhile, Park Minju brushed the girls brown hair.

The next day had slowly arrived and to say Kim Nari was nervous would be a big understatement.

The night before, she'd gotten at least forty-six minutes of sleep (to be exact), with the thought of seeing Han Subin on the roof top the next morning occupying her mind and causing her heart to beat at a rapid pace.

It felt as if she was going to have a heart attack.

Was he going to reject her?

Was he going to accept her confession?

She truly didn't know, and as she looked into the mirror that was in the school toilets the next day, she released a small sigh.

Was it too late to back out?

When Nari had informed her two best friends on Subin's reply that morning, Wonhee had immediately burst out screaming, celebrating that Nari could quite possible have a boyfriend by the end of the day, and Minju congratulated her, telling her she should give the boy her name tag on the rooftop — which Nari was quick to decline the suggestion.

The gloss that was on her lips belonged the Wonhee and the pink blush that sat on her round cheeks was owned by Minju. The both girls had decided to give the girl a makeover just before the start of break.

She had to look for best for this moment, right?

Eventually, the school bell rang, causing Nari's heart to jump into her throat, practically, and for her blood to run cold.

"Hey, don't be nervous," Minju ordered as she packed away the makeup. "If anything, Han Subin should be nervous! A pretty girl confessed to him, he should check for a mirror wherever he goes."

"Minju's right, Nari," Wonhee bobbed her head whilst giggles escaped her mouth. "Show him who's boss." She nudged her friend, who nervously chuckled.

"You got this, okay?!" Minju reassured, placing a hand on the girls shoulder as she walked her to the classroom door. "And if anything goes wrong, Wonhee and I will beat him up, okay?" She beamed, only making Nari laugh and nod her head, before waving goodbye to her two friends.

The walk to the roof top seemed as if it was taking forever. Her hands were clammy and she could feel the anxious beads of sweat dripping down the back of her neck as she wished to go back in time and not put the confession note into the Han boys bag.