Goodbye...my love...

(Y/n)'s POV:

With how things have progressed, although I now have my own formula to play without getting trauma jumpscared, I have underestimate how being a goalie is so much harder than it looks. 

I have been lucky so far because of my knowledge of the story, and also due to my body reacting on its own which was a miracle. Despite that, it doesn't change the fact that some pieces of information are cloudy in my memory. I have read everything but I could only remember up until the characters had to face the U-20 team. 

Still, in the end, I already knew the end goal which is simply Isagi standing at the top and being recognized for his skills. So, even if I were to forget some things, the end goal is all that matters and it's my responsibility to assure it stays that way. 

Although right now it's getting hard to keep a playful mindset when facing the edgelord himself and knowing that a mistake on my part will alter the story permanently.

While watching the trio working together, I work on my breathing to keep my heart and body relaxed. 

At the moment, with Nagi being marked by Aryu, Bachira opted to cut through by himself, going directly towards the gentle giant, "Try and stop this Mr. Frowny face!" I noticed the giant's demeanor becoming odd as though morphing into someone different and Bachira wasn't taking him seriously which was a problem. Therefore, I yell out to him, "Meguru! Don't underestimate him! He's not what he seems!" just as I said that, the giant rushes towards Bachira, but Bachira brush it off with a giggle while juking the giant. "You worry too much, (y/n)!" Bachira exclaimed, but just then, the gentle giant, now turned into Hulk, up his speed and all of a sudden his reaction as well as his strength double. His stats now allows him to easily catch up and steal the ball from Bachira.

"DEFENSE!" I screamed to whoever to stop him and at the end, it boils down to Isagi being my last line of defense. The giant was quick on his feet and Isagi tried to physically stop him even if it means taking a foul for it. But of course, the gentle giant being a chunk a muscle he is, effortlessly powers through, resulting in Isagi to fall on to the grass.

Everything then happens in quick succession, the giant rushing forward coupled with making his shooting line very obvious and me who soon dive in attempt to catch the ball. Unfortunately, even when I manage to catch it, the force behind the ball literally forced its way through my hands and I shortly landed on the grass on my side with a grunt.

TEAM WHITE: 1 VS TEAM RED: 2

"I did it! I did it!" the giant exclaimed in happiness. I sat up crisscross while rubbing my left shoulder, "That's rank 3 for ya. I'm impressed." the giant's reaction varies from confusion, giddiness and horror. Man, I really feel bad for this guy. "T-T-T-Thank you...(y/n)..." the volume dies with each words he spoke as he looks down while fumbling with his fingers, his eyes looking anywhere but me. Though, when it briefly did, I simply give him a cheeky grin, "No prob, my dude!" a shy smile make its way unto his lips but just as it did, it also went away after a certain dude with brother issues boldly stated, "Hurry up and restart the game." Thus the giant snap back to reality and went back to be timid as he makes his way back to his team.

"Phew. Man, I gotta say, the giant got a mean kick in those legs of his. I could feel my thumbs throbbing." I commented whilst shaking my hands. "Yeah, his strength is no joke. He ran through me like a hot knife through butter. And with that long hair guy with his long limbs and that Rin guy...This pose a problem..." Isagi said before resting a hand on his chin in thought, sitting crisscross like I am. Seeing that, I complete it by mimicking his thinking pose as well, "Hmm..." I hum in pretense.

"Amazing. That kind of guys are still out there..." at Nagi's statement, both Isagi and I's attention snap to him who's holding a ball in his hands, "Soccer...is seriously interesting." Unless you squint, you won't notice the glimmer of excitement in Nagi's eyes at the aspect of facing someone whose caliber are so much higher than his own. To test the boundaries of your own skills. "It's thanks to you, that I can see this way, Isagi..." Beginning to feel excited, I huff in amusement and promptly got up on my two feet while dusting off any grass on the short, "What? Gonna cook up something pretty for us?" Nagi's lazy gaze wanders to mine, "Of course. This next one...I'll make it more interesting." I grin as I lightly slap his back, "You better!" I giggle as I then quickly went over to Isagi to pull him to his feet, "You hear that, Yoichi?! He said he's going to make a big brain move. So you three should begin a council meeting and create an evil plan for world domination. C'mon, let's go!" Isagi only made a sound of confusion before I pull him along with Nagi towards a chirpy Bachira who promptly apologizes to me for not listening to my advice earlier. I gave him a head pat as forgiveness. I stuck with them to listen on their plan even though I'm technically not part of it, but hey, it gets a little lonely being a goalie y'know? I want some company too.