Into the thick of it

(Y/n)'s POV:

I stood idly by, realizing what I've done to myself.

"Aaaaah.......fuck me...I blame this on Dora." I muttered to myself as I deadpan while looking at the room already filled with a handful of players with no sight of Isagi nor Bachira around. Though, there was in fact someone else here besides them. "Hm? Oh, it's Sonic." Nagi greeted as he came over to me on his own whilst dismissing Oreo's protest. I gladly returned the greeting, "Hey Weirdo. Good to see you here, I guess?" Nagi tilt his head, "Why do you keep calling me weirdo?" I simply shrug, "I like it. Plus, it suits you." Nagi stares at me, seemingly not comprehending my comment as he scratch his head.

Oreo decides to finally join our bible study, "You dare have the audacity to call him by such an insulting name?!" I shot him a smug smile, "Don't worry fellow companion, say no more, I have a nickname for you as well, grape juice-" Reo quickly cuts me off by getting all up in my face, "You- Don't you know who I am?! I am Mikage Reo!" we proceed to have a staring contest before I bluntly state, "Never heard of you. Never cared. Anyways, I'm (y/n), nice to meet you. Also, now that I know your name, I have a new nickname for ya. You, shall be the glorious and almighty, Oreo." I rest my hand on his shoulder like a sword resting upon a knight's shoulder to declare whatever that may be. He stares at me with disbelief, though it wasn't long before he start fuming in embarrassment. A snort escaped Nagi.

Before Reo could utter another word, Nagi beats him to it, getting closer to me and pretty much looming over my figure with his height to which I had to crane my neck to meet his eyes, "It's too much of a hassle to think why you called me a weirdo, but I'm Nagi Seishiro."

Nagi...Na....Sodium.

A snort escape me. He's basically Reo's Sodium.

"Nice to formally meet you, weird sodium." Nagi deadpan, "Now you're adding sodium?" I simply nodded. "In that case I'll stick with Sonic too." Nagi declared.

Reo grasp Nagi's wrist, "Let's go elsewhere. It's not as though she'd join us anyways-" Nagi whine, "But I wanna stay here. Going back now is a hassle..." Reo immediately knelt down, "Then I'll give you a piggy back ride-" Nagi whine once again, "Getting on your back is a hassle..." I could see Reo's patience running thin, but with Nagi's puppy eyes?? he finally caved in, "Fine!" Reo points at me almost accusingly, "Don't talk to me!"

"You're talking to me-"

"Hush!" I did a zipping motion across my lips.

For the next couple of minutes or so, the three of us just watch as more players comes in and since it has gotten a little boring, I decided to play a little game with Nagi. I choose to play slide which he never heard of apparently, so I briefly went over how the game work.

The first few times was a little rocky since he's getting a feel for it, but once he got it down, things quickly got heated and before we both knew it, we went at it with lighting speed. This didn't caught Reo's attention at first, but I guess something intrigued him because he eventually, and begrudgingly, wanted to give it a try and oh boy who knew he'd get just so competitive in slide just as he did with soccer.

My hand missed the mark thinking that it was 12 instead of 11, "Hah! You messed up! Victory is mine!" Reo bellowed in victory holding his head high while I clapped, "Congrats." Nagi pops in, "My turn now." Reo stops him, "Not yet. I'm only getting started. I still have 15 more wins to catch up to her." Nagi stuck his tongue out, "Boooo."

We continue on playing with me being impressed with Reo's tenacity to overcome our score gap and Nagi watching our intense match. Before long, I came out as the victor, smugly smiling at a pouting and frustrated Reo.