Say hello to my little friend

(Y/n)'s POV:

Upon entering the room, we were met with three individuals.

The ultimate edgelord.

Medusa.

And hulk. Or is it hulk with crippling anxiety?...Let's stick with Hulk.

Our presences caught their attention, though as soon as that happens. The screen buzz and guess who decided to show up?

"Hey there, diamonds in the rough-"

"Go fuck yourself."

Silence ensues with me and my brother locked in a staring contest. Ego adjust his glasses before talking, "...That was really uncalled for, (y/n). You better watch that tongue of yours. Else I will have to forcibly make you do suicides as penalty. And don't think for a second just because you don't comply that you'd be fine. I'll let you know I have other means to make you move your ass, (y/n)."

If you mean the built in electrocution inside the uniform, then I know it fully well Ego Lego. "I'd like to see you try, Ego." Ego's glasses glints, "Don't test my patience, (y/n)." I raise my hands up to show that I'm backing down. Though that didn't stop me from flipping him two birds before finally moving to the back of my team.

"...With that out of the way, the second selection's third stage starts here. It's a 3v3 team battle. But considering that one team has one extra member, this will be a 4v3 and I sure hope you lots are listening because I am not repeating myself." Ego proceed to explain some other things which can be sum up as: first to have 5 goals gets to steal yo gurl. The losing team goes back to the shadow realm to face other losing team in a 2v2 and if a team loses yet again, the player who wasn't chosen is disqualified.

Then I heard a sound which brought my attention back to the present and notice my teammates number changed according to when they cleared the first stage. I curiously checked mine to see what number I'd be and I guessed either 8 or 10. My face fell when I was met with the same infinity symbol, facing that reality only riled me up as I snap at Ego, "Hey! Why's mine still the same?! It hasn't change since the beginning!" I exclaimed angrily, but Ego simply shrugs. A vein pop from my temple as I proceed to get close to one of the screen to yell at his face, "Don't shrug on me! I deserve an explanation! Now out with it!" the screen in front of me shuts off, leaving me fuming as I grit my teeth with smoke coming out of my ears from how angry I am. "That's for me to know and for you to find out." Ego said from a screen elsewhere.

Just you wait until I get my hands on you Jinpachi.

Ego gave his last words of 'do anything to win' and opted out as soon as he does.

I huff angrily with arms crossed while cursing Ego under my breath. Then, a hand rest on my shoulder, "Hey, I think it's still cool whether or not it's a number or an infinity sign. To me, it's still cool." Isagi's words causes my shoulders to relax ever so slightly, but it hasn't completely rid of my tense expression. "Thanks, Yoichi..." this time he pats me on the head in a there there manner.

*Gun clicking*

The noises around suddenly muted as all of my focus went towards the noise I heard. My eyes scouting around for any potential threat and that included my adversaries and teammates as well. All I could hear was my heart, breathing and the ringing in my ears.

Where did it came from? I clearly heard it...I'm not hallucinating am I? There's no way some guy can enter with a gun...No...there's no way-

*clap*

I jolt, bringing my hands up ready to defend myself as my gaze snaps at whoever just did that.

Isagi took a step back with his hands up in a surrendering manner, "(Y/n)...it's me. You're okay." I slowly brought my hands back down while also managing my heart back to its normal rhythm. I sigh, "I did it again...right?" Isagi could only nod, then he proceed to ask, "Did something caught your attention?" I shook my head, "No, I just...I thought I heard a gun..." Isagi's widen ever so slightly but was soon disrupted by Nagi, who popped out of nowhere and slung an arm over Isagi's shoulders, "A gun you said? Where?" at that, Isagi promptly shrug off his arm, "Like she said, she thought she heard it. (Y/n) didn't said there was an actual gun or else we would've all been dead by now." Nagi's mouth took an O shape as though he understood before turning his head in my direction, "You sure you're not going crazy, Sonic?-"