I will kill Ego now

(Y/n)'s POV:

It was almost midnight, I look at my parents in suspicion, since they called me to sit down with them, and they never do unless it has something to do with Ego, "If you think it's related to Jinpachi then no. We promise you it has nothing to do with him this time." their words still didn't' subside my growing suspicion, "If it's not him, then what is it?..." they softly smile as my father reach over to caress my hand, "The school called us to inform that there's an event you need to attend since they're going to hand out the necessary documents for it. And we can't go unfortunately, it's strictly for students only." I raise a brow, "Why don't they just hand it out in school?" my father shrug, "I have no idea other than the fact that they simply did it because they want you all to have fun."

Yeah right, fun my ass. And since when did they got money for this grandiose festive?

Although I was still unsure about the whole ordeal, if it's related to school, it must be important, "...Alright, do you have the address by any chance?" they both nodded and then my mother hand me  a paper slip with the address on it. As I was checking the paper I ask them another question, "When is it happening?" my father gave a quick reply, "Tomorrow." my head snap up at them in surprise, "Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow." my father said once more in confirmation. I rub my neck with a tired sigh, "Guess I have to go and get myself ready for it then." I got up and went over to them to give them each a peck to the cheek before bidding them goodnight.

.

.

I look at the building and switch from the building to the paper slip in my hand to make sure I got the correct location, "This should be the place." Then I hear footsteps approaching, "Uh excuse me. Is this the rendezvous point?" my head turn to the person who grabbed my attention. My eyes widen slightly. It was Yoichi  Isagi, looking puzzled and nervous. Why is he here?

Maybe this is multiple school kind of event?

I proceed to reply, albeit unsure, "Uuh, yes. In fact, I'm here for the same reason as you, I guess..." I trail off as he hums before, just like me, he look back and forth to the building and paper as well.

...................Isn't he gonna go in?

I begin to feel awkward due to the thickening silence building between us. I wanted to say something but had no energy to do so.

Thankfully, someone came to break that silence, "Oh? Aren't you Isagi from Ichinan high?" Simultaneously, both I and Isagi look toward, "Kira..." I lowly said to myself as said person approaches us with a bright smile, "You are, right? So they called you here too!" I lazily watch as he throw a thumbs up, "Nice to meet you, by the way! Do you remember me?"

"Lmao, no." I mindlessly said before weakly snorting at the end at my own joke. I clearly didn't care if they look at me weird. I then left them have their conversation as I my thoughts wanders off to who knows where.

Curiously, I glance at the duo again and the longer my gaze lingers on them, the more a feeling in my gut bubbles, "...Something doesn't feel right." Just then, Kira notice my lingering stare and now his attention is on me. He walk past Isagi to stand in front of me, "Hello! I noticed that you haven't said much 'till now. I'm Kira Ryosuke, remember that." he briefly wink which made me blink, "Uh sure, Kira." he then proceed to ask me another question, "What's your name?"

At that moment, I had a gut feeling not to mention my last name. Therefore, I followed it, "Just call me (y/n). Nice to meet you, Kira, Isagi."

"How do know my name?" Isagi asked bewildered which results me to deadpan as I point at Kira with my thumb, "I heard him called your name, and I doubt there's anyone else beside us named Isagi." he nervously laugh as he rub his neck, "Ah, I see." I then hear Kira hums which brought my attention back to him, "Since we're in this together, let's all get along now, yeah?"