Unfair turn of event

(Y/n)'s POV:

Immediately upon entering the locker room, everyone starts arguing.

I paid them no mind since I'm too old for this shit....Oh wait I'm 17 and not 22 anymore....*sigh* I sometimes still can't get used to it.

I sat by Gagamaru since I thought it'd be best to give Isagi some space to think. If anything, there was a difference in this scene which I took notice of. It was how Isagi, instead of brooding, is focus on finding a solution despite his team mates talking shit right in front of him. 

Giga chad moment right there. I bob my head approvingly.

Kuon soon interrupts the quarrel and then goes into the mathematic of garnering points which makes my head spin due to all the explanations. Kuon then mentions the problem I've non-explicitly told them to fix. "Thank you! Jesus Christ!" I threw my hands into the air before dropping them back down onto the bench and leaning into them.

I look at the ceiling, letting them resume their "banter". I start drawing cute frogs with my eyes. Then, realization hits me and I look at Gagamaru, he notice me staring and returns the gesture.

.

.

.

.

Oh my god, Froggo!

"You need anything, Tamer of beasts?" confusion sweep over me, "Tamer of beasts?" I inquired which Kuon respond to, "Yeah. We found it impressive how you keep Raichi in check every times he decides to act up." Kuon's comment obviously didn't sit well with Raichi, "You're calling me a dog?! Huh?!" he loudly exclaimed turning to Kuon. I shot him a look, "You act like one." that immediately shuts him up. "See?" Kuon points, my demonstration proving his point. Igarashi, Naruhaya and Imamura bursts out laughing.

I got back to Gagamaru, "Anyways, huh, no, I didn't need anything. I just thought you look like a Froggo." Gagamaru tilt his head, "Froggo?" I nod, "Yeah. Y'know, those cute frogs. I just like calling them Froggo." Gagamaru stares at me for a moment before wiping his face with his towel. I inwardly chuckle at his discreet way of hiding his flustered face. 

After Gagamaru "wiped" his face, I saw him looking behind me and for a second, I thought it was Raichi trying to jump me. As I was about to turn around to give him a piece of my mind, two hands immediately covers my sight, "Don't look." Gagamaru said and it didn't took long before I knew why, "Put some clothes on you weirdo! There's a lady present!" the voice of Imamura boomed. "Yeah! Put on some pants now! Now!" Naruhaya added his own complaint.

Then, there was silence until Bachira broke it, "I don't mind-" Raichi cuts in, "You're disgusting."

"Hey Bachira." upon hearing his name, he responded back with enthusiasm which brought me to the next point, "You don't mind putting on some clothes on? I don't want to wear hand goggles forever now. You'd do that for your bestie, right?" and just as I thought, he quickly comply, "Oh, sure! I'd anything for my bestie!" I inwardly breathe a sigh of relief.

"She's truly a Tamer of beasts." Iemon commented.

While my vision was still obscure by Gagamaru's hands, I listen in on Chigiri untangling Ego's speech on playing football from scratch to work on their foundations. Then, Giga Chad Isagi came in to present his eureka discovery. I once again bob my head approvingly, not caring if Gagamaru find it weird.

I "point" at Isagi, "Now we're getting somewhere. Nice one, Isagi."

"(Y/n), I'm over here." I properly point at him, "Yes." 

I cross my arms, still blind, "And, we could've had that if you bunch didn't act like cavemen." I heard a scoff, "Says the benchwarmer." Raichi commented to which I quickly retorted back while "facing him",  "Taking the recent game into consideration. There was no way any of you had thought of putting me into the game. Say something back Raichi, I fucking dare you." I hear no response from him.

"Tamer of beasts strikes back again." Igarashi mutters.

"(Y/n), Raichi is over there." Gagamaru gently informed me.

There was a brief silence before I continue, "Despite that, I will give you guys credits for attempting to "work" together in the following rounds. And of course, big props to Isagi, Bachira and Kunigami for the beautiful display of teamwork. Take note Raichi." Raichi grumbles back.

"Thank you, (y/n)." Kunigami softly thanked.

.

.

.

.

"Anyways, are you done putting on clothes, Bachira? It shouldn't took you this long to put on some pants." I asked somewhat getting a little impatient, but also genuinely wondering why it took him so long. I hear some shuffling , "I thought Gagamaru would tell you." Gagamaru retorts back, "You were literally still naked until now." I sigh disappointedly. "Haha...sorry (y/n)..." And thus, I can see again.

Without a seconds lost, Ego make himself known, showing us our current standings and proceed to give us history lessons and the essence of football, but basically everything comes back to looking for individual power.

I tuned out from there as I watch the others enthralled by Ego's impressive mixtape. He ends his mixtape by telling us to discover our weapons and using it to its fullest.

"I know you're not listening, (y/n)." Ego called me out. I look at him in disinterest, "And why should I?" I challenged him. "(Y/n), I think it'd be best you listen too. You might miss out on important information." Kuon spoke, but I ignored him. "Drop dead." I coldly said to Ego. 

Ego went silent, he scratch his head before suddenly getting close to the screen, "(Y/n). You'll be playing in the next game and that's final. You keep this up and you might as well be disqualified. And if you lots have something to say than that's just too bad." my heart drops. 

I knew how eccentric he is, but it still hurts me now that he speaks to me as if I'm nothing than a pawn in his endeavor and that everything until now was just an act, "Then why didn't you just do it?" Ego sigh, "I was entertaining the idea, I didn't literally meant it. You can try as you may, but don't think I will let you off the hook just because you're a girl. Also, don't forget that you signed those papers. If you're going to participate you might as well put the same amount of effort like the rest."

I wanted to be angry, but the fear in the back of my head was slowly creeping in as my heart ever so slightly beats faster.

"Now then, use your weapons and only then will you find victory..." then he fades away.