Push it to the limit

(Y/n)'s POV:

Meanwhile Kuon stood by like 🧍‍♂️, both team fight for a single ball. Eventually, it seemed as though Zantetsu and Chigiri were going to have part 3 to their face off, but then I see how our side was wide open for the taking, "Hey, someone go back! Our side is wide open! Fall back! Fall back!" just as I yelled that, Zantetsu made a long pass towards Nagi.

And like Isagi anticipated, he went where Nagi was going for as well, planning on stalling him so that his teammates gets back into position. But knowing how slick Nagi can be I warn Isagi, "Don't anticipate, Isagi! You have to go with the flow!" when Nagi trapped the ball with his back, Isagi immediately turn to get it but Nagi use his arm to push Isagi back which also gave him leverage to get the ball easier. 

I watch the scene unfold in front of my eyes as I saw Kuon running across the field towards a Nagi who's getting ready to score. Kuon then dives in to tackle Nagi. That got me up and jogging to the field.

"*BEEP* *BEEP* TEAM Z, FOUL!! DUE TO MALICIOUS FOUL PLAY, A FREE DIRECT KICK WILL BE AWARDED...KUON WATARU, RED CARD!! YOU'RE EJECTED FROM THE GAME!!"

Seeing  Reo pissed off was why I'm entering the field to act as a referee sort of because he wasted no time rushing towards Kuon. I was fortunately close enough to grasp the back of his jersey, making him stumble backward, "Whoa there, buddy. What happened to class? Gotta keep your cool y'know?" he swipe my hand away to which I held them up like I got arrested, "Mind your own damn business!" I firmly held his gaze, "My team's business is also my business." Reo seethes and before he could do anything, Zantetsu promptly stop him, "Calm down, Reo! If you get another yellow card, then it's over for you too!"

I rest my hands on my hips, "Listen to the genius. You don't want that for yourself now, do you? Else you'll just make weirdo here sad." I gesture to Nagi while Reo glares at me but I simply responded by wiggling my eyebrow. "You assholes...what kind of tactic was that?..." Reo seethed as he asked.

"Y'know...I wanted to ask the same thing...Oi, Kuon..." Kunigami wipe away his sweat, "Why did you do that? You would have survived if you did nothing." he finished his question. Kuon stayed quiet for a moment before replying, "...There's nothing more to it...I did what I had to do..." he then glance at me. I gave him a silent approval.

I then approach him and extend a hand. He looks at my hand in surprise and after some hesitance, he took ahold of it and I pull him up. With my free hand, I gave him a firm pat on the back which made him jump slightly.

The team questioned him about his rash action, but Kuon only gave them a vague answer, "Shut up. I knew that...Of course I did...My body moved on its own, that is all..." The team: 👁👄👁.

"Anyways, win no matter what it takes. So I can become the world's best striker." Kuon said before walking away on his own. "No shit, Kuon. That's a given. Team Z's gonna win!" Isagi confidently claim.

"The world's best will be me." Kunigami said.

"No, me!" Raichi also said.

"Lmao, it's going to be me, fools." I joked while pointing a thumb at myself.

Team V looked at us in disdain before readying themselves for the free kick.

My head quickly snap to my team, "Soooo am I going to play?-"

"No." they all simultaneously reply. "Okay damn y'all quick on the uptake." Gagamaru promptly came over and picks me up by the armpits and just carries me to the bench. He sets me next to the bench, "Stay." he bluntly said and then ruffles my hair before going back to the field. "What am I? A cat?" I sigh with hands on my hips.