Chapter Two

Sesshomaru's POV

The men charged at me. Idiots. They think that they stand a chance against me? The thought made me laugh inside. The first man that was within my arms length swung a punch at me with ease I dodged it. Then I grabbed his neck and lifted him off the ground. The other men watched in horror as the man struggled for air. His feet were kicking trying to find the ground. Another man charged at me. I placed my hand out and his face ran into it. I gripped tight against his face and pushed him into his friends. After the men found there ground they took off and ran. looked at the man who's throat I had in my hands.

"Leave." I threw him to the ground and he took off after his friends. It was ridiculous for them to think that they should try and fight me. For I am the son of the great dog demon. No one could ever stand a chance against me. Then I heard a small moan from the back of the alley. I slowly walked back to see the woman laying on the ground. Her jacket was ripped and stained with blood. Her feet were also covered in blood and she had a large bruise on her cheek. I placed my hand under her head and lifted her up. She is very beautiful, even though her eyes are closed. I put my hand on her bruised cheek when my thoughts were cut off.

"Sesshomaru?" I turned around to see my assistant, Anne. "Uumm...what are you doing sir?" I turned my head to face the woman again.

"It looks like she was being robbed or something. We need to get her to a hospital." Just then the woman woke up in a panic.

"G-get off of me...I..I have  go now before...before." She tried to stand but failed holding her stomach. I caught her in my arms as she fell.

"You should not be moving I'll take you to the hospital and-"

"NO! NONONo..don't! He'll find me there and and....," She started to cough violently and then fainted again. I held her in my arms and picked her up bridal style.

"Sesshomaru what are you going to do with her?" I looked down at her then back at Anne.

"Get the car ready and tell Jaken to have a doctor ready when I get there."

Kagome's POV

I sat on the side of the bed as Kaede put some cream on my cheek. Kaede was a servant to our father, she practically raised us. You could say she was a second mother to us. Anyway Kaede knew all about our parents and never has told a soul but, she would patch us up after one of their episodes. As Kaede finished putting the cream on my face she started to pack up the first aid kit.

"So where does ye suppose Rin is?" She said looking at me with concern.

"I don't know but I hope she doesn't come back," I responded. Kaede looked at me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Ye knows my only wish is to see my girls happy." Kagome smiled and nodded.

"By which shouldn't ye be at work?"

"I took a personal day so I wouldn't have to explain the bruises." No matter the type of excuse I came up with the kids would be to freaked out if I went to work with the slap mark on my face. Oh yea by the way I'm a fifth grade elemtary school teacher. Yea I was allowed to go to college and get a job. Sango to. She's a physical therapist and she also boxes. So, she can get away with having bruises at work. Me? Not so much. Still it was weird though. Me and Sango were allowed to attend and graduate college, even find a job. Yet for some weird reason Rin wasn't.

"Since ye isn't at work today how about ye helps around the house?" I smiled at Kaede.

"Okay." I'm weird. I know that. I love to clean. It just seems to clear my head from everything. It was even better when there was someone to have a nice conversation with. Kaede and I excited the room and into the hallway. Heaven walked pasted us and snarled for a moment then continued on her way. Keade glared at her then walked the other way, I followed. We walked into the kitchen and started to clean up the mess. Then Kaede and I started a conversation.