Prologue

On a cool moonlit night, eighteen years ago, a little one's cry was heard piercing the night. The Little Silver Creek Pack was doing its monthly pack run when they came upon the unhappy baby. Its mouth shivering and face wet with tears, a young she warrior slips to her skin and gently cradles the infant to her chest. Feeling the warm touch, the babe stops crying and blinks her eyes contentedly.

Alpha Black, aware in his wolf skin, commands the warrior, "Irena, take the baby to the unmated female cabin. I think there are a couple of she wolves who didn't join in the run. I'll take care of arrangements when I get back from the run."  If you're reading this on teenfic site or similar ones, you're reading on a mirror site. To read this (and other stories) by the actual author FOR FREE, go to Wattpad/Mellie_readsnwrites.

COPYRIGHT © 2024 by Mellie_readsnwrites

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form by any means, including photocopying, recording or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author.

"Yes, Alpha." Irena replies. Pulling the baby close, she notices an odd amulet on the babe's chest. A small circular pendant with a wolf howling at a moon. Wrapping the baby snugly in its blanket, she begins to run toward the compound.